The collection is comprised of a dozen or so churches (mainly Roman Catholic ones) from the terrain of the present Lubelskie voivodeship, forming the phenomenon from the 1st half of the 17th century called “Lublin architecture” or “Lublin Renaissance architecture”, which is a manifestation of both the economic importance of the region as well as the victory of the new Renaissance-Mannerist architectural style over Gothic.
The collection includes selected town halls of the Opolskie voivodeship. A town hall, as a monumental building intended for the eyes of guests, has always been a token of strength and self-government of a town. This collection shows that town halls can be buildings with an interesting history, involving intriguing legends, and impressive architecture.
Apart from the Greater Poland, Cuiavia is associated in historical and artistic terms with the beginnings of the Polish state. It is here, on a relatively small area, where the most outstanding works of Romanesque architecture in Poland are located. The Cuiavian Romanesque route leads from Mogilno through Strzelno, Kruszwica, to Inowrocław.
Wooden and brick churches of the Polish Spisz – a historical land at the foot of the Tatra Mountains, situated between the state border and the rivers Białka and Dunajec – make up a collection of 8 buildings which are valuable in historical and architectural terms, as well as because of their fittings.
An ample group of historical wooden churches in the Lubuskie voivodeship, with unique cultural and historical features, includes approximately sixty buildings and evidences diverse history of the land of the today’s Lubuskie voivodeship.
Almost to mid-19th century, Podlasie was a world almost exclusively built of wood. Competing, in a manner of speaking, with monumental architecture, more humble donors and local builders working for them erected wooden churches that strived to match the stone and brick architecture in terms of artistic craftsmanship.
Wooden sacred architecture of Upper Silesia constitutes one of the most valuable and interesting examples of this region’s heritage. The above is evidenced by a significant number of wooden churches surviving in this region, which are monuments of a considerably uniform nature.
A former demesne of the bishops of Warmia, since 16th century surrounded by Protestant land, it was shaped by the Catholic identity and relation with the Republic of Poland. The rank and importance of these relations is evidenced by a group of modern pilgrimage churches of considerable architectural value, associated with the surrounding landscape, with lavish fittings.
Ordensburgs are among the most recognisable historical monuments of medieval military architecture in Pomerania. The oldest ones can be found in Chełmno Land and in Michałów Land – regions from which Teutonic Order’s expansion had started.
The collection includes an ensemble of graveyards – military cemeteries where soldiers of many nationalities, fallen during the bloody fights in Western Galicia in the years 1914–1915, are buried. The cemeteries are a characteristic element of the cultural landscape of Podkarpackie and Małopolskie voivodeships.
Colonies and settlements constitute significant elements of the landscape and regional tradition of Upper Silesia. There are approximately 200 such complexes throughout the region, founded in Bytom, Chorzów, Gliwice, Ruda Śląska, and Katowice, among others.
The collection contains a group half-timbered churches present in Kashubia and the part of Central Pomerania. The group includes small rural and town churches, built in the period from the 17th to the first quarter of the 20th century, using a traditional, half-timbered construction technique.
Half-timbered sacred architecture constitutes one of the distinctive elements in the cultural landscape of the Western Pomerania. The oldest buildings date back to late Middle Ages, and the largest group is comprised of churches from the 17th and the 18th century.
The Gothic sacred architecture from the area of Żuławy includes mostly modest single-nave churches representing local architecture, which in the specific area of the delta of the Vistula river had to face significant restrictions in terms of land and materials (wetland, frequent floods, absence of stone material).
Collection introduces the region of centuries-long cultural and technological activity of man, which groups the remnants of the 19th-century industrial complexes and facilities — created in the era of early modern industry being born in the Polish lands.
Collection includes structures erected in the area of historical Łęczycka and Sieradzka lands along with Wieluński district. Castles included in the collection were founded by kings, bishops, and private investors between ca. 1340 and ca. 1535.
The oldest churches built over the period of development of settlement, of an administration system and seats of magnates coming into being in Central Poland, due to the particularly remote time of their creation, are monuments of special importance.
The collection presents landowner estates comprising of a manor house or a palace surrounded by a park, located in the vicinity of manor farm buildings, which are an integral part of the cultural landscape of Greater Poland.
Wooden architecture is a distinctive feature of Polish cultural landscape, and Podkarpacie is one of the regions where extremely precious, antique, wooden buildings from many periods and of many categories are preserved in abundance.
A small but important collection is comprised of four Late Baroque churches by Paolo Antonio Fontana. They are characterized by a specific layout with a central nave shaped as an elongated octagon with four arms and a low gallery between them.
The Lubuskie voivodeship abounds in variegated examples of defensive architecture: knight towers, castles, manor houses, defensive churches and structures protecting settlements, towns, or states such as palisades, earth ramparts, defensive walls, chains of fortresses, or fortification lines.
To mid-19th century, Podlasie was almost exclusively built of wood. Also the Old Ritualists, who came in the second half of the 18th century from Russia to Podlaskie, built their artful houses of prayer from wood.
The best preserved and at the same time the most interesting remains of castles of the Dukes of Masovia in Masovia region within its historical borders are located in Płock, Czersk, Ciechanów, Sochaczew, Rawa Mazowiecka, Liw, and Warsaw.
Suburban Warsaw railway stations in the manor house style came into being in the 1920s as part of the reconstruction of the railway infrastructure after devastation caused by World War I. Their native form expresses the quest for identity of the recovering state and the shaping of its national style.