Stable with carriage house, Krasków
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Stable with carriage house



Stable with carriage house - part of the palace complex.


  • 19th century - construction of the building
  • 1924 - extension
  • 1990s - renovation works

The stable with carriage house forms part of a palace complex located in the western part of the village, alongside the road leading from Marcinowice to Domanice. The building itself marks the eastern boundary of the palace complex, separating it from the road.

The building was erected in two phases, its current form exhibiting features of the Baroque style. The northern part of the structure was most likely erected in the 19th century, with the two-storey middle section (with carriage house on the ground floor and an apartment on the first floor) and the southern wing containing horse stalls being built in 1924. The extended structure received a new mansard roof, resulting in the stylistic unity between the stable and the palace itself as well as its main outbuilding.

The building is symmetrical in shape, designed on an elongated rectangular plan with a projecting, two-storey central section containing the carriage house and the living quarters. The facades are smooth and pierced with relatively small windows.

The older section of the building is made of brick and stone, with the more recent parts of the structure being made exclusively of brick.

The northern and central section (the first floor and the attic) feature wooden ceilings lined with wooden boards; in the southern section, on the other hand, a segmental ceiling structure made of ceramic brick was used, supported by a crossbeam resting on a row of cast iron columns. The ground floor level of the carriage house features a brick ceiling.

After 1945, the northern section of the building was used as a butcher shop. In the 1990s, the building underwent a thorough renovation. Today, the building houses a kindergarten maintained by the Kraśków Forum Foundation.

Private property - kindergarten and apartments. The building may be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 04-02-2015.


  • Karol Guttmejer, Record sheet, 1995.

General information

  • Type: utility building
  • Chronology: XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: 12 , Krasków
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Marcinowice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland


report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area