Palace outbuilding, Krasków
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

A Baroque palace outbuilding surrounded by a landscape park.

History

  • 1746 — construction
  • after 1945 - devastation
  • 1990s - comprehensive restoration, extension works and adaptation to a new function (hotel)
Description

The outbuilding forms part of a palace complex located in the western part of the village, alongside the road leading from Marcinowice to Domanice. It is situated on the northern side of the driveway leading to the palace.

It was originally constructed in 1746, following the fire which engulfed the palace; at that time, the entire complex was redesigned in the Late Baroque style at the request of the erstwhile owner of the manor, David Siegmund von Zedlitz und Leipe.

The outbuilding was designed on a distinctive, bipartite plan, consisting of two rectangular sections positioned at an angle towards one another. The western, two-storey section follows a two-bay interior layout, with a vestibule on the middle axis and a representational staircase in the north-eastern corner. The eastern section also follows a two-bay interior design with a vestibule on the axis, albeit with asymmetrical suites of rooms.

The outbuilding is made of granite and brick, bound using clay mortar. The vestibules of both sections of the building feature sail vaults supported by structural archers, with three rooms in the eastern part of the structure featuring barrel vaults with lunettes. The remaining ceilings above the ground floor level are flat, concrete structures which were added during the renovation works conducted back in the 1990s .

The outbuilding consists of two distinct parts - the two-storey western part with a mansard roof and the single-storey eastern part with a tall gable roof. During the renovation works in the 1990s, the eastern section of the building was modified through the addition of a two-storey brick attic structure, manifesting itself in the form of an elongated dormer; this design decision, dictated by the need to accommodate a greater number of rooms, also resulted in the roof being increased in height. The façade of the western section follows a three-axial layout, with the individual axes being accentuated by lesenes. This part of the building also features rounded corners. The façade of the eastern section, on the other hand, follows a five-axial layout and features architectural divisions in the form of decorative framing.

Private property (hotel). The building may be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 04-02-2015.

Bibliography

  • Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006

General information

  • Type: residential building
  • Chronology: 1 poł. XVIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Krasków
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Marcinowice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area