Church of St Simon and St Judas Thaddeus, Rogoźnica
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Church of St Simon and St Judas Thaddeus

Rogoźnica

photo

A rural Gothic church surrounded by an old cemetery and a stone wall.

Historia

The church was originally erected somewhere around the year 1500 and subsequently redesigned in years 1675 and 1720.

Description

A single-nave church with a rectangular chancel adjoined by a sacristy to the north. The nave and the chancel are covered by gable roofs clad with ceramic tiles. The chancel features a two-bay cross-rib vault. The tower adjoining the church to the west is designed on a square floor plan, its upper section being octagonal in shape and covered with a bulbous cupola clad with sheet metal. Inside, the church features a Mannerist main altarpiece dating back to the 17th century. Another notable interior feature is the collection of 13 epitaph plaques from the years 1558-1677.

The church is surrounded by a cemetery. The entire site is circumscribed by a stone wall with a wicket gate, incorporating a cartouche which bears an inscription which reads CAB 1713.

The site can be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 31-10-2014.

Bibliography

  • Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce, Śląsk, Warsaw 2006, p. 736.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: ok. 1500 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Rogoźnica
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Strzegom - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area