Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and the mausoleum of the von Richthofen family, Rogoźnica
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and the mausoleum of the von Richthofen family

Rogoźnica

photo

The church and mausoleum have been erected for the funds provided by the von Richthofen family.

History

The church was erected in years 1870-1872 and subsequently underwent restoration in years 1974-1975.

Description

The Gothic Revival church, built in the years 1870-1872 on the site of an earlier house of prayer, was designed by Karl Schmidt and funded by Bolko von Richthofen. It is a masonry structure made of granite, with the portals, window surrounds and cornices all made of brick. The church is a single-nave building with a transept, a rectangular chancel to the east and a square tower to the west, the latter being crowned with a spire and a set of triangular pediments above the clock dials. The interior is covered by cross-rib vaulting. The church fittings are designed in the Gothic Revival style. A walkway that had once led to the now-defunct palace leads from the church towards the east, its design being highly architectural in its overall appearance.

Next to the church stands the Classicist mausoleum of the von Richthofen family - an 1860s brick structure also erected at the request of Bolko von Richthofen next to the house of prayer that had stood on the site at the time. Today, the mausoleum and the church are linked by a wall and a gate which were built at the same time as the church itself. The mausoleum is designed on a rectangular floor plan with a taller middle section and symmetrically arranged façades.

The church is usually closed and may be explored immediately after church service. The mausoleum can only be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 27-10-2014.

Bibliography

  • Zabytki sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 2 poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Rogoźnica
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Strzegom - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area