Palace, Pietrzyków
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

Palace surrounded by a landscape park and garden.

History

  • 1640 — construction of the original palace
  • 1st half of the 18th century - modernisation and extension works
  • 1st half of the 19th century - Historicist redesign
Description

The village of Pietrzyków is located in a valley about 1 kilometre south of the road leading from Wrocław to Lubawka (DK 5). The palace along with the surrounding park is located in the heart of the village. The monument protection regime applicable to the park also covers an ensemble of manor farm buildings located on the southern side of the palace.

The palace in its current form dates back to the mid-19th century, where an earlier, fortified structure was subjected to an extensive redesign. The surviving remnants of the earlier complex include the moat and the three-span bridge which spans the said moat, leading up to the main entrance. The palace itself was designed on a roughly square floor plan; it is a two-storey structure with a basement and a two-storey attic, with the front, side and rear façades all following a six-axial layout. The building is covered with a gable roof clad with roof tiles. The south-eastern and north-eastern corners of the palace are reinforced with buttresses. The eastern façade incorporates a Mannerist portal with a split pediment, leading into a central vestibule featuring a groin vault with lunettes. A single-flight staircase leading through a tunnel-like passage facilitates access from the vestibule to the first floor.

To the north lies a neglected landscape park with ruins of the old orangery. On the eastern side of the palace there is a utility yard surrounded by manor farm buildings from three sides. The buildings are in a state of partial ruin.

At the present stage, the palace serves as a residential building. The palace may be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 06-08-2015.

Bibliography

  • Ewidencja założenia parkowo-ogrodowego w Pietrzykowie, 1980, typescript available in the archives of the National Heritage Board of Poland, Regional Office in Wrocław, file no. 438.
  • Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, M. Staffa (ed.), vol. 10, Wrocław 2005

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: ok. 1640 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Pietrzyków 43
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Dobromierz
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area