Viaduct, Mąkoszyce
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The viaduct, built in 1914 and preserved in the original, unchanged shape. It is a stone tunnel structure. Also the original metal and stone hand rails of the structure have survived. The viaduct forms an important element of the surrounding landscape, which stands out in Pocztowa Street.

History

The railway line from Opole Groszowice to Wrocław Brochów, with a passenger station in Mąkoszyce, was opened on 1 October 1909, however, 1914 is assumed as the date of completion of the viaduct.

Description

The viaduct was built along Pocztowa Street. It is situated on a two-track railway line on the route from Opole Groszowice through Jelcz-Laskowice to Wrocław Brochów.

It is a stone (granite) structure resting on stone abutments. It is 21.8 metres long and 6.5 + 1 x 1.1 m wide. The viaduct is a two-span structure; it is vaulted. A single span is formed as a high, semi-circular arcade, resting on a massive abutment and a stone support set between the railway tracks. It is topped with an asphalt road surface (Pocztowa Street). The balustrades are made of steel angle brackets and flat bars connected with rivets. On the abutments, on the both sides of the viaduct, there are surviving stone plinths shaped as short balustrades.

The structure is accessible to visitors.

compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 24-11-2015.

General information

  • Type: industrial architecture
  • Chronology: 1914 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Pocztowa , Mąkoszyce
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district brzeski, commune Lubsza
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area