Inn, Iwanowice Włościańskie
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The inn is situated in the Valley of Dłubnia, by the royal road, on the 19th-century route of a post carriage. Its original layout and characteristics have been retained. It represents a Cracow suburban variant of once widespread structures associated with transport routes. Until today, relatively few such structures have survived, so each of them requires particular care.

History

The inn was built in the years 1838-1840, with the use of at least the location of its 18th-century predecessor. It was associated with the estate of Iwanowice, as a propination point and inn for travellers. In 1792, the estate was owned by Michał and Salomea Walewski, then by Tekla Walewska. In 1862, it was taken over by Stanisław Walewski who sold it to Wilhelm Zawadzki in 1866. In 1863, it was a meeting place of the conspirators. In 1912, the inn was bought by Antonina nee Sobolewska and Mikołaj Jędrychowski who decided to retain its previous function, and extended the stable, among other things. In 1919, the inn was taken over by brothers Paweł and Kazimierz Jędrychowski. During the occupation, it was used as a station of navy-blue police. After the World War II a police station, an office of a communal cooperative, a shop, and social housing premises. In 1969 the inn was returned to Tadeusz Jędrychowski. In 1980, it was repurchased by the State Treasury. In 1987, a decision was taken to hand over the structure to the Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society (PTTK) for perpetual usufruct. Since 1992, it has been the seat of the Regional Museum (collections from the excavation sites in the region of Babia Góra and Góra Klin).

Description

Brick and stone building, made of limestone and brick, erected on a rectangular floor plan; single-storey, with basements beneath some its sections. A two-bay layout, with a go-through hallway; 4 large rooms at the hallway, with two outermost rooms. The roof is of gable type. The ceilings are made of boards, with lining, the floors are wooden. In 1942, a wooden porch was added from the north.

The building is accessible at weekends 11.00-16.00 and on the dates arranged with the Communal Culture Centre (12) 388 40 03.

compiled by Roman Marcinek, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Krakow, 20-03-2015.

Bibliography

  • Baranowski B., Polska karczma, Wrocław 1979.
  • Chrzanowski T., M. Kornecki, Sztuka ziemi krakowskiej, Kraków 1982.
  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. I, Województwo krakowskie, pod red. J. Szablowskiego, Warszawa 1953, s. 524-525.
  • Łoziński J. Z., A. Miłobędzki, Atlas zabytków architektury w Polsce, Warszawa 1967, s. 116.

General information

  • Type: tavern
  • Chronology: 1 poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: 332 , Iwanowice Włościańskie
  • Location: Voivodeship małopolskie, district krakowski, commune Iwanowice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area