Palace - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Świdnica-gmina wiejska
- 1538 — construction of the palace for the von Nimptsch family
- 1592 r. - palace redesigned in the Renaissance for the von Zedlitz family
- 1827 and 1872 - modernisation commissioned by the von Hochberg und Buchwald family
- 1894 - modernisation works commissioned by Hans Erdmann von Hochberg
The palace and the surrounding park are located in the southern part of the village, alongside the road leading towards Krzczonów.
The palace was built in 1538, during the Late Gothic period, for the von Nimptsch family. In 1592 r, the palace was redesigned in the Renaissance style for the von Zedlitz family. The building was subsequently modernised during the 19th century. Today, the building is slowly falling into ruin.
Designed on an L-shaped plan, the palace consists of two main wings, with a south-eastern annex which had once served as a restaurant. The palace is a two-storey building with a half-hip roof with two slopes positioned at varying angles. The individual sections of the palace follow either a single- or two-bay layout, with a central vestibule and an added staircase to the north. The rooms in the back suite feature double barrel vaults.
The façades are designed in the Historicist style and covered with sgraffito decorations dating back to 1592 and restored in the late 19th/early 20th century. Both layers of the sgraffito decorations are easily discernible. In addition, the façades boast ceramic detailing dating back to 1872. The front (southern) façade features a Renaissance Revival porch, balcony and gable incorporating a cartouche and a clock. The western façade features a heraldic cartouche with an inscribed date 1538.
A small landscape park with a pond and a grotto, partially surrounded by a stone wall, is located in the immediate vicinity of the palace.
Currently, the palace is private property and its interiors are not open to the public. Unrestricted access to the park.
compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 27-01-2015.
- Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.83375, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_02_BK.107953