Manor house - Zabytek.pl
woj. wielkopolskie, pow. nowotomyski, gm. Kuślin-gmina wiejska
Głuponie, which was a nobility-owned village, was mentioned in written records for the first time in 1404. In 1434, it was owned by Mikołaj Watt de Głuponie. His numerous heirs, who eventually adopted the name “Głupońscy” in the late 15th century, remained the owners of the village until the early 17th century, when it became the property of the Ostroróg Lwowski family from the nearby village of Lwówek. Later, it was owned by the Swinarskis of the Poraj coat of arms, the Opalińskis of the Łodzia coat of arms, and the Węgorzewskis of the Leszczyc coat of arms. In 1717, the owner of the village was Katarzyna Mąkowski née Dobijewski. The estate became part of the dowry of her daughter, Anna Mąkowski, and thus, in 1736, Głuponie became the property of Jan Koszutski of Pierzchno of the Leszczyc coat of arms. The literature provides two pieces of information concerning the construction of the Baroque manor house. According to R. Linette, the Baroque residence was built for a later owner of the estate, Józef Urbanowski, in the 3rd quarter of the 18th century. Linette assumes that it was constructed between 1765 and 1778. According to the study Barokowe dwory i pałace w Wielkopolsce (“Baroque manor houses and palaces in Greater Poland”), ed. Maria Strzałko, the construction of the manor house should be linked with Jan Koszutski. Subsequently, the residence was owned consecutively by the Święcickis, the Sczanieckis, and the Kamińskis, until eventually it became the property of the Hardts, a German family from Wąsowo. The southern section of the building was extended in the 19th century. In the 1960s, the building was dilapidated and partially abandoned. It was renovated in the years 1972-1973; the original shape of the building was restored and the layout of the ground floor rooms was modified. The façades were restored in the years 1974-1976. In the 1990s, the manor house was adapted to serve as a multi-family building. The attic window woodwork was replaced and the roof covering was renovated.
Głuponie is a village located in the Nowy Tomyśl District, in the Kuślin Commune, approx. 12 km to the north east of Nowy Tomyśl. The manor house is located in the westernmost part of the village, on a piece of land sloping down towards the west.
The Baroque manor house in Głuponie, featuring two corner extensions, was erected in the mid-18th century. Most likely, it replaced an earlier building and was constructed using its parts. The interior underwent major modifications in the 1970s.
The walls, made of brick, rest on foundations which are mostly made of cobblestone. The building has one storey and an attic. It has a rectangular floor plan. It is topped with a mansard roof covered with beaver-tail tiles. Both side façades are adjoined by one-storeyed, square corner extensions, extending beyond the plane of the front façade. They are covered with flat roofs. The walls are topped with full parapets. The form of the corner extensions, which have thick walls with no openings and are reinforced with buttresses at the corners, triggers associations with the bastions of a fortified mansion. The whole building has basement rooms (with the exception of the corner extensions). One of the corner extensions is covered with a vault.
As a result of renovation and modification works, the interior lost its original layout. Most rooms were radically modified and the only remaining element of the old layout is a hall on the central axis of the front bay. The renovated façades draw criticism due to the fact that the external plaster divisions do not correspond to the internal layout.
The historic monument is accessible.
compiled by Radomiła Banach, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Poznan, 10-12-2015.
- Barokowe dwory i pałace w Wielkopolsce, red. Maria Strzałko, Poznań 2006, s.60-63.
- Linette R., Dwór w Głuponiach, Dokumentacja historyczna, Poznań 1965 r. [msp. w zbiorach Wielkopolskiego Konserwatora Zabytków w Poznaniu].
- Katalog zabytków Sztuki, Ruszczyńska T., Sławska A. (red.), t. V, z. 14, pow. nowotomyski, s. 7, Warszawa 1969.
Category: manor house
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_30_BK.165563, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_30_BK.78271