Landscape park, Drwalewice
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The landscape park, which is an important element of the residential complex in Drwalewice, is a valuable and outstanding component part of the cultural and natural landscape of the area.

History

The first residence in Drwalewice came into being approx. in the mid-16th century and was probably funded by the von Unruh family. It was a defensive manor house of which relics in the basement section of the current palace have survived. The estate changed its owners many times, and the residence was modernised and re-designed, among other things in 1791. The present, neo-Gothic form of the palace is a result of the renovation carried out in approx. 1875, when the building was owned by the von Eichmann family who administered the estate until 1945. Probably also in the late 19th century, the landscape park surrounding the palace from the east was created. After the World War II, a State Agricultural Holding (PGR) was established in the estate, and the palace was adapted for residential purposes. The building underwent renovation works in the 1960s and 1980s. Currently, it is a private property.

Description

The palace and park and manor farm complex is located in the western part of the village. The residential part is separated from the manor farm with an asphalt road. The landscape park stretches to the east from the palace. The complex is surrounded by a mesh fence.

The park occupies an area of 4.3 ha and features a tree stand of significant diversity in terms of species and age. Currently, the park constitutes a compact tree stand with a free layout, dominated, especially in the southern part, by a few hundred years old pedunculate oaks. The oldest monumental specimen has 608 cm in circumference. One can find here also single specimens of small-leaved lime, common ash, horse-chestnut, black locust, aspen, and silver maple. The lean undergrowth layer is mainly formed by common snowberry, black elder, Norway maple, and spiraea. The road leading from the south to the palace is accentuated with a line of northern red oaks coming from the late 19th century. In the park, there occurs a protected species of the biggest beetle in Poland - great capricorn beetle.

Limited access to the historic site. Private property.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 23-10-2014.

Bibliography

  • Domagalska K. H., Drwalewice, [w:] Bielinis-Kopeć B. (red.), Zamki, dwory i pałace województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2008, s. 94-96.
  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 91.
  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom II, Zielona Góra 2011, s. 285-286.
  • Maciantowicz M., Drwalewice, park pałacowy, [w:] Bielinis-Kopeć B. (red.), Zabytkowe parki województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 101-103.

General information

  • Type: park
  • Chronology: 2. poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Drwalewice
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district nowosolski, commune Kożuchów - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area