Manor house, Witoszów Górny
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

Manor house surrounded by a park.

History

  • 1624 — construction of the manor house,
  • 1827 - alteration works,
  • 1910 - alteration works,
  • 1968 — renovation,
  • 1984 — renovation,
  • 2003 — renovation
Description

The manor house is located in the western part of the village, on a gentle slope on the southern side of the main road. A marked footpath leading towards the Daisy lake begins right opposite the manor house.

The manor house was originally erected back in 1624, replacing an even earlier structure which had stood on the same spot, as evidenced by the inscription plaque which survives inside the building’s vestibule. The mansion was redesigned in 1827 and 1910 and was subsequently renovated in 1968, 1984 and in 2003.

The three-storey building is designed on a rectangular floor plan, its interior following a two-bay layout. It has a habitable attic concealed beneath a mansard roof clad with ceramic roof tiles and pierced with eyebrow dormers.

The house is surrounded by a park dating back to the second half of the 19th century which replaced an even earlier garden, featuring many interesting specimen of age-old trees. The park is partially surrounded by a stone wall with an embedded penitential cross also made of stone. A second, similar cross can be found near the northern border of the park. An old cowshed - a stone building dating back to the mid-19th century - is also situated in the park.

The building is private property and can only be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 23-06-2015.

Bibliography

  • Studium środowiska kulturowego gm. Świdnica, collective work by the ROSiOŚK (National Heritage Board of Poland - Regional Branch) in Wrocław, 1999, file no. 2111, archive of the National Heritage Board of Poland - Regional Office in Wrocław.
  • Ewidencja parku w Witoszowie Górnym, 1978, file no. 2661, archive of the National Heritage Board of Poland - Regional Office in Wrocław.
  • Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, vol. 20, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 2005

General information

  • Type: manor house
  • Chronology: 1 poł. XVII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Witoszów Górny 15
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Świdnica
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area