Granary - Zabytek.pl
woj. opolskie, pow. brzeski, gm. Grodków-obszar wiejski
The farm in Więcmierzyce existed probably as early as the 14th century; however, there are unfortunately no records of how it was shaped. It was owned by the Stosche family (14th c.), Pogarell family (14th-16th c.), and von Rothkirch family (16th - early 17th c.) and von Vogt family. In 1644, the property was inherited by Marianne von Seydlitz. Then, since 1782 the estate in Więcmierzyce became the property of baron von Sierstorpff, who already owned neighbouring Kopice. From 1859 to World War 2, the property was owned by the von Schaffgotsch family. After the war, the manor farm complex was converted into a State Agricultural Farm (PGR), and in the 1990s ownership of the complex passed to the Agricultural Property Agency (ANR).
Built around 1820, the granary was located on the site formerly occupied by the owner's seat, and the remaining grange buildings were built gradually until the early 20th century.
The manor farm complex is located in the central part of the village. It consists of a quadrangular yard limited by a road to the west, utility and residential buildings. The main entrance gate is located at about half the length of the eastern frontage. On the other side of the road, there is a seventeenth-century church built by the owners of that time.
The granary building is located along the northern line of the buildings together with the buildings of the former smithy and carpenter's shop, adjoining it to the west. On the front side, it adjoins a basement.
The granary was built on the plan of an elongated rectangle as a three-storey building, set on a base course, with the first storey separated by an inter-storey cornice in the form of flat surrounds. The building has a basement and a usable attic; it is covered with a half-hip roof. The façades, except for those on the first storey, are smoothly plastered; the front (southern) and rear façades are seven-axial; the side façades are three-axial. In the front, the central axis is embellished with a false arcade with a profiled archivolt, covering all storeys, while the corners of the granary are fitted with wide lesenes. The ground floor features an entrance enclosed in a rusticated surround. The window openings in the southern façade have the shape of a lying rectangle topped with a segmental arch. They were placed in shallow semicircular niches accentuated with a section of a cornice under the windows. The window openings in the remaining façades vary in shape. They are secured by a metal grille and partially by interior shutters. The side façades are four-storey, with the attic storey separated by a profiled cornice.
The interior of the granary is of a single-space type and features two rows of wooden posts. Individual storeys connected by inner stairs are covered by beamed ceilings supported by wooden crossbeams and posts with saddles.
The monument is open to visitors.
compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 12-10-2015.
- Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, vol. VII: Województwo opolskie, issue 3: Powiat grodkowski, T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki (eds.), Warsaw 1964, p. 99.
- Architectural monument record sheet: Manor Farm Complex in Więcmierzyce, prepared by J. Skworz, 1998, Archives of the Voivodeship Monuments Protection Office in Opole.
- Architectural monument record sheet: Granary in Więcmierzyce, prepared by J. Skworz, 1998, Archives of the Voivodeship Monuments Protection Office in Opole.
Category: utility building
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_16_BK.17840, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_16_BK.16499