Palace, Tuły
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The palace complex in Tuły is an example of a family estate around which the entire infrastructure associated with running and operating it was built. The palace itself is a typical example of Baroque residential architecture.

History

The palace in Tuły was built in approx. 1760. It was founded by the von Blacha family whose members owned the estate from the early 18th century. Over years, utility buildings were erected around the palace. From 1783, there was already a grange in Tuły.

In the mid-19th century, the estate was bought by the Fuerstenberg family. Probably at that time, the palace was re-designed. In the post-war period, the grange was transformed into a State Agricultural Holding, and in the palace, residential and office premises were created. Today, the site remains in private hands.

Description

The palace in Tuły is located in the centre of the village, near a parish church, within a complex comprised of the palace, a park, and a manor farm. It occupies the southern part of the complex. In its closest vicinity, there is a granary and two outbuildings, and on the south - the park. Originally, there was a gate on the axis of the palace. Currently, the entrance is located in the north-western corner of the complex. The Baroque palace was built on a rectangular floor plan (on the east-west axis), with a pronounced three-axial avant-corps from the south, preceded by a terrace with stairs, and a false avant-corps from the north. The building is made of brick. It has two storeys, basements, and a residential attic. It is topped with a high mansard roof with dormers from the north and the west. The front and the garden façades are ten-axial. The eastern façade has four, and the western façade five axes. They are decorated with rusticated strips on the level of the ground storey and articulated with pilasters and panels on the first storey level. A dominant element of the front façade is formed by an avant-corps covering three central axes. In its top section, there is a wall-dormer topped with a segmented pediment with the coat of arms of the Fuerstenberg family. On the ground floor level, on the axis there is an entrance to the palace framed by a stone portal with an “EF” monogram (of the Fuerstenberg family) and date 1857, and the Budwicz coat of arms of the Blacha family above it.

The avant-corps in the garden façade embraces, similarly as in the case of the front façade, three central axes. It is accentuated with pilasters situated in the corners and between the windows, running up all the storeys. It is topped with a triangular pediment with a solar clock. In the avant-corps section, window openings are topped with a segmented cornice.

The interior of the palace has a two-bay layout with a corridor running between the suites of rooms. Originally, on the ceilings and in some rooms, there was a neo-Rococo or geometric stucco decoration. Unfortunately, the fittings of the palace have not survived.

Limited access to the monument.

compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 14-11-2015.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. 7: Województwo opolskie, z. 10: Powiat oleski, red. T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warszawa 1965, s. 28-29
  • Molak E., Racławicki I., Zapomniane zabytki. Dwory i pałace wiejskie południowej Polski. Śląsk Opolski, t. 1, Opole 2008, s. 333-339.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury, Założenie pałacowe w Tułach, oprac. Gajda Ł., 1996, Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Opolu.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury, Pałac w Tułach, oprac. Gajda Ł., 1997, Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Opolu.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury, Spichlerz w Tułach, oprac. Gajda Ł., 1996, Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Opolu.

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: poł. XVIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Tuły 56
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district kluczborski, commune Lasowice Wielkie
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area