Villa, Tułowice
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The villa built by Erhard Schlegelmilch, the lessee and then founder of a new porcelain manufacture, is picturesquely situated in a landscape park, within a small distance from the palace.

History

In 1889, Erhard Schlegelmilch came to Tułowice and leased from count von Frankenberg an old porcelain manufacture. Shortly thereafter, he bought land along the railway line, to build a new manufacture on it.

The first villa was built by him in the early 1890s, within the park. When the new manufacture came into being, he built another villa by the Hammerteich pond (1920). It was located to the east from the manufacture. From that time on, the villa located in the park was called Old Villa.

From the second half of the 20th century, the Old Villa was used as a Children Rehabilitation Centre. At present, it is owned privately.

Description

The villa is located in the landscape park by Parkowa Street. In its closest vicinity, there are forest administration buildings and a palace. It is enclosed with a fence with a gate and a porte-cochère from the north-west.

The villa was built on a floor plan similar to a square, with a rectangular terrace from the south-east and an entrance from the north-east. It is made of brick and rests on a stone foundation. It has two storeys, basements, and an attic adapted for residential purposes in some part. It is topped with a multi-faceted roof with pediments and metal spires in the top sections.

Its brick façades are articulated with window openings in sandstone surrounds, and partitioned with avant-corps. The corners are framed by stone rustication. The four-axial front (north-eastern) façade is adorned with a portico topped with a balcony resting on columns (on the second axis), and a turret above the balcony, topped with a tented roof with a spire. The portico is preceded by a flight of stairs. In the back façade, on the axis, there is an avant-corps, and in its southern part - a glazed veranda. In the south-eastern façade, there is a terrace with a descent to the park.

The interior of the villa is of a three-bay type, with a spacious hall. The décor of the interior and its fittings have been (partially) preserved, including the white porcelain chandelier and door joinery.

Limited access to the monument. The villa is located on a private property.

compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 10-12-2015.

Bibliography

  • Woźniak E., Woźniak M., Od Tillowitz do Tułowic, Tułowice 2007.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury, Założenie pałacowo-parkowo-folwarczne w Tułowicach, oprac. Palacz T., 1999, Archiwum Narodowego Instytutu Dziedzictwa w Opolu

General information

  • Type: villa
  • Chronology: 1890 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Parkowa 7, Tułowice
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district opolski, commune Tułowice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area