Poznaj lokalne zabytki


Wyraź zgodę na lokalizację i oglądaj zabytki w najbliższej okolicy

Zmień ustawienia przeglądarki aby zezwolić na pobranie lokalizacji
This website is using cookies. Learn more.

Filial church of St. Roch - Zabytek.pl

Address
Tłokowo

Location
woj. warmińsko-mazurskie, pow. olsztyński, gm. Jeziorany-obszar wiejski

One among the group of ten pilgrimage churches in Warmia, erected in an interesting brick Baroque style, characteristic for architecture in Warmia.

History

Establishment of the church, and originally a chapel, was connected with a religious cult and pilgrimage movement, which was created as result of finding a burse and a capsule with Blessed Sacrament by the shepherds in the forest near Tłokowo village in 1652. In 1665 in this place the citizens of Jeziorany have built a chapel consecrated to the worship of the Blessed Sacrament and St. Roch, which with time became the sanctuary of St. Roch. The chapel was extended in 1750, its consecration together with interior decor was performed in 1790 by the bishop of Warmia - Ignacy Krasicki. In 1877 the body of the building was extended to the West. The chapel is a branch of the parish in Jeziorany.

360°
360°
360°
360°

, fot. Janusz

, fot. Janusz

Description

The chapel is located approx. 3 km to the North from Jeziorany, among fields. It is made of brick combined with plastered details, set on an elongated rectangular floor plan with a square entrance porch on the western side and simply closed presbytery, covered with a gable roof. The facades are partitioned by the pilasters and window openings in surrounds; the western step gable with pinnacles and blind windows. Exterior walls of the church are covered with a tiny, subtle wear off of plaster with red monochrome, pilasters, plinth and plastered details. Single-space interior with simply closed presbytery, covered with a wooden ceiling. Baroque and classical fitting, three stylistically uniform altars connected with the gates made in the 1770s in one of the local woodcarving workshop.

Limited access to the historic building.

Compiled by Marzena Zwierowicz, 5.12.2014.

 

Bibliography

  • Bosko J., Wojtkowski J.M. , Dziedzictwo historyczno-artystyczne Archidiecezji Warmińskiej. Zabytki ruchome, Olsztyn 2011, s. 213-214.
  • Smoliński M., Zapomniane sanktuarium, „Spotkania z zabytkami”, 2002, nr 2.

Object data updated by Maja , Janusz .

Category: church

Architecture: barokowy

Building material:  ceglane

Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records

Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_28_BK.154497, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_28_BK.267768