Manor house of the village administrator (sołtys), Tąpadła
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Manor house of the village administrator (sołtys)

Tąpadła

photo

A manor house designed in a mixture of the Renaissance and Baroque styles, with a few modernist elements.

History

The house, erected in the second half of the 16th century, was extended somewhere around 1730 and then restored in the years 1919-1925, when the utility building and the nearby shed were also added.

Descritpion

The manor house is located in the eastern part of the village, by the crossroads. A brick and stone wall separates the house from the local road; a stone plaque with an inscription is embedded in the wall, which also features a piece of wrought iron decorative grillwork. The manor house is located in the vicinity of manor farm buildings - the outbuilding, the stable, the stone utility building and a wooden shed. In the courtyard there is a water well situated beneath a wooden gazebo-like structure topped with a cupola. The manor house is designed on a rectangular floor plan, positioned on the east-west axis. The house is a two-storey structure with a five-axial façade and two-bay interior, its walls made of brick and stone and covered with plaster. Some of the detailing, including the main portal, the window surrounds, the door thresholds as well as the corbels inside the basement are made of sandstone. The individual storeys are separated by a double string course. The vestibule consists of two sections - the southern section and the northern section - interconnected by means of a landing. The building’s hip roof is clad with ceramic tiles and features two pairs of eyebrow dormers on each of its longer sides. Some of the window joinery is of a modernist type, with diagonal muntin bars. Inside the vestibule one can find the stairs leading down to the basement, concealed beneath a wooden partition, as well as the steps to the landing from which the northern vestibule may be accessed. The façade of the manor house consists of two distinct sections, each with a slightly different design. The western section features a smooth plasterwork, whereas the eastern part is adorned with decorative rustication. The façade incorporates a representational entrance into the manor house, preceded by decorative grillwork. The southern entrance door is of the six-panelled type, adorned with woodcarved eagle and palmette motifs. The basements feature vaulted ceilings, while the other rooms have wooden beamed ceilings - with the exception of the reception room, which comes equipped with a ceiling adorned with stucco decorations.

Private property. The building may be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 04-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, vol. 20, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 2005

General information

  • Type: manor house
  • Chronology: 2. poł. XVI w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Tąpadła
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Marcinowice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area