Palace, Sosny
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

An example of 19th-century residential architecture in the northern part of the Lubuskie voivodeship.

History

In Sosny, a former colony of the Stare Dzieduszyce village, located in the north-eastern part of the commune of Witnica, there is a palace and park complex with a preserved brick palace. The palace was built in 1835, at the request of the erstwhile owner of the village of Sosny, Caspar Leberecht von Klitzing. It was also him who founded the landscape park. In 1886, the residence was extended by two wings - eastern and western one, designed along with the tower. In 1909, during the modernisation, the interior of the facility was re-designed. After the nationalisation in 1945, the palace had several users, however from the 1970s it has been unused and its condition has been systematically deteriorating.

Description

The two-storey palace with basements underneath was built on a granite plinth on a rectangular floor plan and covered with a gable roof. In the front façade, there is a niche with a semi-circular top section in which the imposing main entrance is placed. The body is adjoined from the east by an annex from 1886, while from the west - by a wing, built in the same year, with a tower. Inside, there are some surviving fragments of the original complex: vaults in the basements, ceramic flooring, and roof truss built over the Classicist part of the residence. Nearly all fittings of the palace have been destroyed or moved to various locations. Few pieces of Biedermeier furniture, as well as some paintings presenting members of the von Klitzing family, have survived until today. They are stored in the Lubusz Museum in Gorzów Wielkopolski. In the palace, there are surviving fragment of stucco décor on ceilings and fragments of wood panelling which can be seen on the ground floor. One can found here also fragments of fireplaces and stoves.

The structure is accessible from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Garbacz, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 16-10-2014.

Bibliography

  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 3: Powiaty: gorzowski - słubicki - sulęciński - międzyrzecki - strzelecko-drezdenecki, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 54-55.
  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 345.
  • Reißmann K. (oprac.), Die Kunstdenkmäler des Stadt- und Landkreises Landsberg (Warthe), Berlin 1937, s. 62.
  • Skaziński B. (B.S.), Sosny, gm. Witnica, [w:] Zabytki północnej części województwa lubuskiego (red. J. Lewczuk, B. Skaziński), Gorzów Wlkp.-Zielona Góra 2004, s. 63-64.

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: 1. poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Sosny
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district gorzowski, commune Witnica - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area