Filial church of St Judas Thaddeus - Zabytek.pl
woj. pomorskie, pow. człuchowski, gm. Czarne-obszar wiejski
Built in the 17th century, it is one of the oldest buildings of that kind in Pomerania.
The church was erected in 1668.
The church is located in the eastern part of the village, on the southern side of the main country road. It is oriented. The church plot is rectangular and surrounded with fence. Along the eastern, southern, and western border of the plot there are lines of trees. The church area functioned as a cemetery, of which 2 cast iron grave crosses from 1869 have survived. The plot neighbours farms.
The body of the church is a half-timbered structure with plastered brick infills. The tower features a post-and-beam structure and is covered with weatherboards. The building was erected on a rectangular floor plan divided into two parts: 1) from the west there is the ground floor of the tower, with a corridor in the middle and two side annexes, 2) from the east there is a single-space nave, without a separated chancel. The nave is covered with a gable roof. The tower was built on soil and features walls that taper towards the top. It is topped with a slender, octagonal tented roof with an orifice. On the ground floor, on both sides of the tower, there are two annexes, covered with mono-pitched roofs. The façades and the roofs of the annexes merge with the façades and the roofs of the nave body (the tower looks as if it was raising from the nave body). The roof and the tented roof are covered with planked boards. The groove of the tented roof is adorned with fretwork at the bottom. The main entrance to the building is situated in the western façade, and the side entrance is situated in the southern façade. In the western façade, on both sides of the main entrance, there is small door to the annexes of the tower. Window openings are rectangular. The façades are not adorned with any architectural detail; the clearly apparent and dense structure of the building featuring a checkerboard arrangement of posts and beams and the colours of wood contrasted with plastered infills serve as a decoration.
The interior features a beamed ceiling with counter-ceilings made of wooden boards and a crown moulding. The fixtures and fittings are modern, except for the gallery from the 18th century (covered with weatherboards at a later date).
The historic monument is accessible to visitors. Viewing of the church is possible directly before and after services.
compield by Beata Dygulska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Gdańsk, 01-12-2014.
- Sadkowski T., Drewniana architektura sakralna na Pomorzu Gdańskim w XVIII-XX w., Gdańsk 1977.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_22_BK.39368, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_22_BK.273391