Former tavern, Roztoka
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

A tavern, designed in the Classicist style.

History

  • 1811 - construction of the tavern
Description

The tavern is a brick and stone building designed on a rectangular floor plan, its dimensions being 9x18 metres. It is a two-storey building with a converted attic. Inside, the building features flat wooden ceilings; the half-hip roof is clad with roof tiles. The gateway intersecting the building, positioned on the middle axis thereof, features a sturdy double door which prevents unauthorised access from the street. One of the leafs of the door incorporates a single-leaf wicket gate. The door is made of two layers of wooden boards, with the outer layer being arranged in a diagonal pattern. The boards are held together by large, easily discernible nails. The tavern features some of the original window joinery in the form of solid-frame, single-rebate casement windows overlooking the yard; the double casement windows overlooking the street, on the other hand, originate from a later period. The front façade follows an asymmetrical, four-axial layout. A distinctive feature of this building is the presence of façade decorations in the form of rustication, meander frieze, festoons beneath the windows, a sun clock and a cartouche bearing the date “1811”.

Private property. The building can only be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 11-06-2015.

Bibliography

  • Green Card (compiled in 1965)

General information

  • Type: tavern
  • Chronology: początek XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: 3 maja 113 a, Roztoka
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Dobromierz
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area