The Green Villa - Zabytek.pl
woj. podlaskie, pow. sokólski, gm. Dąbrowa Białostocka-obszar wiejski
Its provenance lies in the Russian architecture; however, it is also related to the architecture of summer villas built in spas.
A wooden dacha belonging to the Christian Orthodox monastery complex was built in the first decade of the 20th century and it was supposed to serve as a guest house. On the ground floor, there were an icon writing school and painting studios. In 1919, the dacha became property of the Salesians, and in 1954, it was taken over by the state. As a result, the villa was rearranged to include flats for employees of the Agricultural School Complex in Różanystok. In 1988, due to alarming technical condition of the building, the residents were relocated and the building remained unused for several years. In 2000, the villa, along with the entire complex of school buildings, was handed over to the Salesians, who soon sold it to a private entity. The new owner is carrying out a renovation of the villa.
The villa is located in the middle of the village, east of the church and monastery complex, among contemporary blocks of flats. The structure is modelled on wooden Russian architecture.
It is a two-storey building with a usable attic. The main corpus of the villa is covered with a gable roof with dormers; side parts, slightly lower and transversely oriented, are covered with half-hip roofs. They create avant-corpses on longer façades of the villa. Along the garden façade (southern side), there is a veranda and a loggia located above. The main entrance in the facade is situated in an avant-corps, over which there is a balcony enclosed by a skirt roof. A one-storey annex on the L-plan is adjacent to the east downwind façade. The west façade includes an avant-corps with a balcony on the upper floor. Balconies are found on longer façades.
The villa was built of pine logs and rests on a stone foundation. Roofs are covered with galvanised sheet metal. Wooden window frames.
Walls are covered with weatherboarding: in a vertical layout in strips below windows (on the first and second storey), diagonally in avant-corps gables and horizontally in other parts. Corners with boards, decorated with natural wooden ornaments. Façades are decorated by ornaments cut in boards, clustered, among others, on balustrades of balconies, veranda and loggia, roof gables, balcony supports and eaves battens.
A private site, available to be viewed from the outside.
compiled by Aneta Kułak, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Bialystok, 11-07-2014.
- Karta ewidencyjna, Dom mieszkalny, tzw. „Zielona Dacza”, oprac. Jabłoński, K., 1988, Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Białymstoku oraz Archiwum Narodowego Instytutu Dziedzictwa w Warszawie.
- Gaweł A., Ryżewski G., Drewniane budownictwo dorzecza Biebrzy, Białystok-Suchowola 2013.
- Łotowski J., Sanktuarium Różanostockie, Warszawa 1987.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_20_BK.61047