Palace - Zabytek.pl
woj. zachodniopomorskie, pow. pyrzycki, gm. Przelewice-gmina wiejska
The palace is part of the complex including the park - currently the dendrological garden - and manor farm buildings.
The palace was erected ca. 1805 for the secret senior financial counsel - August Heinrich Borgstede (date “1814” on the facade probably indicated the completion of the construction). The author of the design probably came from the Berlin group of the architect Carl Gotthard Langhans. In 1821 the duke August Pruski, the nephew of the kind Fryderyk II, bought Przelewice for his mistress Maria Augusta Arndt, later Mrs. von Prillwitz and illegitimate children. In the newly arranged interior of the palace there were: in the eastern part from the front - and office of the duke August, from the garden - state apartments, in the western part - a big dining room.
From 1876 the property owner was a manufacturer from Berlin - Caspar Lachmann, after him, from 1923 - dr Conrad von Borsig, a manufacturer from Berlin, the creator of the arboretum of Przelewice established in the years 1933-1938, killed on 13 February 1945 by the Soviet soldiers. After the war the palace along with the whole estate was used by the state agricultural farm. Abandoned in 1971, in the years 1985-1989 it was provisionally protected, in 1993 it was taken over together with the whole complex by the Przelewice commune, in the years 2004-2006, owing to EU funds, it was reconstructed to become the seat of the Botanical Centre for Research and Implementation. Following the design of Iwona Trzaska the facades were renovated, inside the hall interior was restored, in the basement the relics of paintings of the beginning of the 20th century were conserved.
Palace and park complex together with a farm is located in the centre of the village. The palace is situated on the axis of the complex, and it faces the southern direction - to the elongated manor farm yard, one of the three, by which the farm buildings are concentrated. There is an access to the palace from the manor farm through the gate and the cour d’honneur with a round flower-bed surrounded by trees. The park stretches from the North to the East - currently the dendrological garden.
Classical palace set on the elongated rectangle floor plan with an avant-corps on the axis of the front façade. It is a one-storey structure with vaulted basement, with bel-étage on the ground floor, low first floor and vast attic, covered with a half-hip roof with numerous dormers, added as a result of the reconstruction in the years 2004-2006. It is made of brick and plastered, with stone foundations and stone plinth. The roof is covered with beaver tail tiles. The facades are separated by a string course, crowned with a cornice with corbels. 11-axis facade with shallow avant-corps in the centre preceded by stairs, fastened from both sides with dogs’ statues (reconstructed ca. 2006). The axis of avant-corps is indicated by a semi-circularly closed niche with Ionic columns at the sides, carrying the archivolt of a large window over the entrance to the palace. Right above the entrance portal there is a relief with a scene presenting goddess Demeter and a man wearning a leather clothing with a ram at his feet. A tympanum at the crowning of the avant-corps is decorated by allegorical female figures in relief, set in the antithetical layout with cornucopias, flowers and fruit leaves.
Rear, 13-axis facade of the palace is preceded by a terrace with wide stairs added in 1920. Middle part of the wall, fastened with a pair of pseudo-avant-corps, slightly recessed with respect to side parts. Three central openings of the ground floor are accentuated with semi-circular arcades.
Palace interior in central part is in a two-bay layout, single-bay from the West and three-bay from the East. On the axis of the front bay there is a round two-storey hall, the walls of which surrounded by a gallery with a balustrade, supported on the columns with Ionic capitals. The rooms of the rear bay form an enfilade. Behind the hall on the axis of the palace there is a garden room. The former dining room, currently the conference hall, adjoins it transversely from the West. Underneath the hall there is a round room covered with a multi-field vaulting on arches. The fragments of wall paintings with vegetal and figural motifs were preserved here.
Limited access to the historic building.
Prepared by Maciej Słomiński, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Szczecin, 2014.
Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce. Seria nowa, vol. 13: Województwo zachodniopomorskie, z. 1: Powiat pyrzycki, Warsaw 2013, pp. 140-146.
Lebender E., Ein Dorf und Rittergut in Hinterpommern. Prillwitz im Kreis Pyritz und seine 650jährige Geschichte, Wentorf 2003.
Słomiński M., Pałac w Przelewicach - późne dzieło Carla Gottharda Langhansa, „Zachodniopomorskie Wiadomości Konserwatorskie” 2010, an. 4, pp. 39-50.
Słomiński M. (ed.), Przelewice - Prillwitz. Zamki i ogrody w woj. zachodniopomorskim, no 5, Kulice-Berlin-Szczecin 2013.
Syczewska M.J., Pałac w Przelewicach - euroregionalne centrum kulturalno-naukowe, [in:] Wśród zabytków, wśród zieleni, Szczecin 2006, pp. 7-14.
Zamki i rezydencje na Pomorzu - Schlösser und Herrenhäuser in Pommern, Szczecin 2006, pp. 88-93.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_32_BK.112552