Czyżyk's Mill, Zeizig Mühle - Zabytek.pl
Prudnik, Sienkiewicza 5
woj. opolskie, pow. prudnicki, gm. Prudnik-miasto
The mill was founded in the second half of the 18th century. The residential part houses an inn. In the 1930s, the building underwent alterations, presumably because of the end of the operation of the mill.
The mill is located south of the town, by the mill race running from the Prudnik river. It was built in Baroque style and consists of two buildings. The residential building is multi-storey, covered with a half-hip roof, and an arcaded avant-corps. It perpendicularly adjoins a former utility part, which is slightly lower and covered with a gable roof.
The avant-corps is surmounted by a volute-shaped gable bearing the date "1788". In the niche there is a stone Baroque statute of St. Florian. The cloister, formerly probably open on three sides, currently features an entrance only from the front. The interior has a two-bay layout. Some rooms, including a pass-through hallway, are covered with barrel vaults.
Private property; Admission only with the consent of the owner.
compiled by JS, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 01-08-2015.
- Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, vol. VII: Województwo opolskie, T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki (eds.), issue 12: Powiat prudnicki, prepared by T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warsaw 1960
- Weltzel H., Geschichte der Stadt Neustadt in Oberschlesien, Neustadt 1870
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_16_BK.35365, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_16_BK.22619