Park, Planta
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

A well maintained landscape manor park, probably dating back to the 18th century, with a preserved layout; currently a meeting and recreation spot of the local residents.

History

The park and manor complex dates back to the 18th century. The properties in Planta and Iwaniska originally belonged to the Denhoff family. In the struggle for succession, the Ledóchowski family sold the property to Bishop Sołtyków who purchased it for his nephew Stanisław. In the 1st half of the 19th century, his daughter, Konstancja, brought the Planta assets as a dowry when she was married to the senator and castellan Ludwik Łempicki, participant of the November Insurrection. During that time, the estate was in its prime. Planta was a place of conventions and exchange of ideas among the elite of the region. Some frequent visitors were the Potockis from Staszów, the Popiels from Kurozwęki, also Delfina Potocka. The estate was very well managed and prospered. About 1871 Konstancja Łempicka assigned Planta to the family of Morawski of Jurków who remained the owners until the end of WW2. It was rebuilt twice in the 1920s after destruction during WWI, and in 1934 when it was extended by a pavilion in the north-east corner by the architect Franciszek Morawski. In 1945 the manor house was deconstructed and the obtained material it was used to rebuild the village. The park was originally a landscape park of free form. It was approached from the south and north along alleys lined with limes of approximately 900 m 600 m, and from the west along a 350-metre path closed with a statue; the manor was situated along its axis. About a 100-metre road led from the gate to the house, closed with decorative lawn. On the left, behind the house, there was a pond surrounded by willows. Under an old chestnut tree, there was a stone table with sandstone benches from Kunów. After the manor was demolished, the park began to fall into disrepair. It was re-developed in the years 2007-2013 for the funds of the EU Rural Development Programme, as part of a scheme of renewal and development of rural areas.

Description

The park is located in the north part of the village, approximately 500 m from the Opatów-Staszów road, on a plateau raised above the surrounding area. It spans over 4 hectares. It can be entered from the south along an alley lined with chestnut trees, and from the north and west along the alleys lined with limes - natural monuments. The longest alley has 250 m. Some of the lime trees are 300 years old. The chestnut path is much “younger”, the trees being approximately 100 years old. On the west edge of the lime alley, formerly leading up to the house, there is a chapel with the inscription saying, “Erected at the Request of Sister of Mercy Cecylia Łępicka, 1859." A wooden arbor can be found in the middle of the complex. At the east end of the park, there is a small, overgrown pond. The alleys with benches and lanterns are covered with gravel.

The site is accessible to visitors.

Compiled by Nina Glińska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Kielce, 21.10.2014.

Bibliography

  • Borsa T., Planta - dwór w powiecie opatowskim [in:] Hrankowska T. (ed.) Dwór polski w XIX wieku. Zjawisko historyczne i kulturowe, Warszawa 1998, pp. 257-265.

General information

  • Type: park
  • Chronology: XVIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Planta
  • Location: Voivodeship świętokrzyskie, district opatowski, commune Iwaniska
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area