Manor house - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Jaworzyna Śląska-obszar wiejski
The manor house was erected in years 1590-1599 for Jacob von Siedlitz; following its partial destruction during the Thirty Years’ War, it was reconstructed in the second half of the 17th century. In 1799, the manor house was modernised at the request of Siegroth von Schlawkau. It underwent restoration in 1894; after 1945, the manor house, partially destroyed during the wartime hostilities, had stood abandoned and was only protected against further dilapidation in the years 1973-1976.
The edifice was designed on a square floor plan with cylindrical turrets at the corners. It is a two-storey building with a tall gable roof added in the years 1874-1876, its overall shape enlivened by the presence of three-storey gables facing the south-east and the north-west. The turrets are crowned with tall, octagonal spires. The south-eastern façade originally features a 16th-century stone portal incorporating the portrayal of various virtues which, lamentably, has not survived to the present times. The windows are adorned with rectangular, stone surrounds. The interior follows a three-bay layout, with the hallway featuring a barrel vault with lunettes and pronounced seams positioned in the middle and adjoined by a staircase located west of the hallway itself. The ground floor section of the building features a vaulted ceiling of the barrel type, with lunettes. A representational hall, originally covered with a cloister vault supported by structural arches, is located on the first floor, directly above the hall. All other rooms feature flat ceilings. The manor house is surrounded by a moat which can be crossed using an arcaded, three-span stone bridge located south-east of the building. A grange dating back to the late 18th/early 19th century is located to the south and east of the manor house.
Private property. The building may be viewed from the outside.
compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 25-10-2014.
- Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce, Śląsk, Warsaw 2006
- Eysymontt K., Architektura renesansowych dworów na Dolnym Śląsku, Wrocław 2010.
Category: manor house
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.86248