Post windmill - Zabytek.pl
woj. kujawsko-pomorskie, pow. mogileński, gm. Strzelno-obszar wiejski
The windmill was erected in 1803.
The windmill is located in the middle of a small plot of land situated to the East from the residential buildings of the village of Ostrowo. It is a wooden structure, on a rectangular floor plan, placed on the so called stand supported by the foundation made of fieldstones. Transom walls, concealed by pine wooden boards from the outside in a vertical layout. Gable roof with a clipped gable from the side of the vanes, covered with wood shingles. Wooden, raftered roof truss. Beam ceilings, floors with a board cladding. The original fittings were preserved - driving mechanism with the structure of millstones and wooden equipment. On the beam of the ceiling of the first storey there is an inscription in German with a date of construction and name of the constructor.
Limited access to the historic building. Private property - the structure can be viewed from the outside.
Compiled by Kamila Witkowska, National Heritage Board of Poland Regional Branch in Toruń, 11.08.2014.
- Record sheet of architecture and construction historic buildings, September 1994.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_04_BL.32853