Town hall, Ośno Lubuskie
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The town hall in Ośno Lubuskie constitutes an interesting and valuable example of eclectic architecture.

History

The building was erected in 1842-1844 in the place of an older, late-Gothic one, known from iconography. The design was prepared by Emil Carl Flaminius. The building was used as town hall without interruption.

Description

It is located in the centre of the old town district, within the so-called New Market, and it faces north-east with its front façade. From the west, it neighbours directly a parish church. The eclectic building of the town hall constitutes the only internal building on the Market. The Market is paved. The town hall is made of brick, built on a nearly square floor plan, with pseudo avant-corps on the axis of the front façade and a terrace in the middle of the back façade, between side avant-corps. The three-storey body has basements underneath and is covered with a multi-pitched roof. The façades are plastered and adorned with lavish architectural detail, deriving inspiration first and foremost from neo-Renaissance and Gothic Revival: namely rustication, pinnacles, crenellation, pilaster, and engaged columns. Windows terminate in semi-circular arches; they are regularly arranged. Large windows of the pseudo avant-corps are decorated with a depiction of an eagle and heraldic motifs.

The site is open to the public.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 20-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 23-278.
  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom III, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 122.

General information

  • Type: town hall
  • Chronology: poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Rynek 1, Ośno Lubuskie
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district słubicki, commune Ośno Lubuskie - miasto
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area