Manor house and park complex - Zabytek.pl
woj. kujawsko-pomorskie, pow. inowrocławski, gm. Inowrocław-gmina wiejska
The manor house was erected in 1872, while the surrounding park dates back to the second half of the 19th century.
The manor house and park complex is located in the southern part of the village of Orłowo. It consists of the manor house and the surrounding park. The manor house was designed on an irregular, roughly rectangular plan, with avant-corps of various shapes and sizes positioned on the axis of each of its façades, supplemented by three corner extensions designed on a circular plan. The building’s design is reminiscent of suburban Berlin villa, its designers being the Berlin-based architectural firm of Groupius & Schmieden. The initial design for the building was published in 1871 in the Architektonische Skizzen-Buch magazine. The finished building differs from this design due to the presence of the turret-shaped corner extensions as well as the different appearance of the western avant-corps. The building is a two-storey brick structure with a basement. The entire structure stands atop a tall socle. It consists of a number of distinct sections of varying heights; the main body has two storeys as aforesaid, while the cylindrical corner extensions are single-storey structures. The eastern avant-corps features projecting, rounded corner sections. The multi-faceted roof of the building are relatively squat. The central section of the roof above the main body features a rectangular skylight providing additional illumination for the hall below. The façades are made of yellow brick, while the wall base and detailing use red brick instead. The front (western) façade features a three-axial avant-corps preceded by an arcaded portico accessed by means of a short flight of steps, its sides opening towards a pair of masonry access ramps designed on a semi-oval plan. The portico itself features a terrace on top, with the terraces preceding the remaining façades being incorporated into the structure of the respective avant-corps. The eastern part of the northern façade features a semicircular, two-storey annex containing the side staircase. Inside, there is a central hall with a grand staircase and first-floor gallery, illuminated by the glazed skylight above. The building is surrounded by a landscape park. The park itself was established during the second half of the 19th century, although many of the trees had already existed there at that point. It was designed on a rectangular plan, with asphalt roads serving as its western and southern boundaries, while the eastern and northern boundaries run alongside a local dirt road and the nearby grange respectively. The primary compositional elements of the landscape park have survived intact. The dominant species are ash, linden and chestnut. One of the trees that grace the manor house grounds is an ancient oak having the status of a natural monument (Regional Natural Monument Register - Entry No. 938.
Private property. The building can be viewed from the outside.
compiled by Kamila Witkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Toruń, 13-01-2015.
- Architectural monument record sheet, 2004.
Category: manor house
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_04_ZE.38313