Port drawbridge - Zabytek.pl
Nowa Sól, Al. Wolności
woj. lubuskie, pow. nowosolski, gm. Nowa Sól-gmina miejska
Beuchelt & Co. in Zielona Góra, was commissioned in 1927 on a port channel, on the site formerly occupied by wooden bridges, the earliest mention of which comes from 1753. The drawbridge was damaged by the German army in 1945. In 1954-1956 it underwent renovation and the manual drive system was replaced with an electrical one. The bridge underwent another complete renovation in 1990-1992. New solutions were introduced which changed the shape of the bridge, but original structure has been preserved. The bridge was made wider and raised to a higher position.
The drawbridge is located over the port channel, from the side of Wolności Avenue. It was designed as a single-span steel structure, with a roadway measuring 6 m in width, adjoining pavements measuring slightly more than 1 m in width, covered with a bitumen, and rests on reinforced concrete abutments. The lever-operated hoist mechanism supported on steel ropes wound and unwound on drums that are electrically powered or for manual operation and a counterweight consisting of concrete and steel blocks.
The monument is available to visitors.
Compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 12-09-2014 r.
- Karta ewidencyjna, [Budynek zboru braci czeskich], oprac. Andrzejewski T., Zielona Góra 2003.
- Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 253.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BL.10969, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_08_BL.17634