Salt warehouse, currently a wholesaler, Nowa Sól
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Salt warehouse, currently a wholesaler

Nowa Sól

photo

The structure is a valuable monument from the Classicist period, linked to the economic history of the town.

History

The building was erected within the boundaries of a colony of Moravians around 1775. It was owned by the Magdeburg Salt Trading Company. After the factory ceased to exist, Meyerotto & Co., a trading company belonging to Moravians, took over ownership of the structure. After 1945 the building was used as a grain warehouse of the ‘Samopomoc Chłopska’ Communal Cooperative, later PPS ‘Społem’. Since the 1990s it has been used by individuals as a wholesaler.

Description

The warehouse is situated in the eastern part of the town, near a port, along Z. Wróblewskiego Street, in a densely built-up area. It was designed in the classicist style and built of brick on a rectangular floor plan. The building consists of three storeys and is covered with a mansard roof with an inset dormer window for a crane above the entrance to the building. The building features the front facade with the central axis accentuated by a faux avant-corps, framed by lesenes on each side, similarly as the corners of the building. The door and window openings in the ground floor section of the structure terminate in semi-circular arches, while narrower storeys feature rectangular windows. The interior includes two connecting passages covered with beamed ceilings. The loft features the original wooden lifting device dating from the time of construction of the warehouse.

Limited access to the monument. The ground floor of the building is open to visitors.

Compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 12-09-2014 r.

Bibliography

  • Karta ewidencyjna, [Magazyn solny], oprac. Adamek-Pujszo K., Zielona Góra 2006.
  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 252.

General information

  • Type: utility building
  • Chronology: ok. 1775 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Wróblewskiego 3, Nowa Sól
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district nowosolski, commune Nowa Sól (gm. miejska)
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area