Classicist manor house, Nasiegniewo
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl
photo

An example of wooden manorial architecture from the mid- 19th century. Due to its unique features, the building enjoys the status of a regional landmark.

History

The manor house complex dates back to the first half of the 19th century. It was originally erected as the country home of the Miączyński family. In 1889, the building underwent a redesign. Its subsequent owner was the Michael the Archangel Society for Chastity and Work in Nasiegniewo. The interior layout has seen a substantial redesign after World War II. From 1949 onwards, it has served as the headquarters of the Horticulture and Animal Breeding Enterprise.

Description

The manor house complex is located in the eastern part of the village of Nasiegniewo. The manor house itself bears the hallmarks of the Classicist style. Designed on an elongated rectangular floor plan, the house features a rectangular porch on its western side. Its structure is a mix of masonry and timber framing, its façades clad with vertically arranged weatherboards at the ground-floor level. The manor house was designed as a single-storey building with a garret, its half-hip roof covered with roofing felt. The front façade is a symmetrical, nine-axial design with a three-axial central porch preceded by a flight of steps. The triangular gable of the porch, pierced with a single, central window, is supported by two pairs of Tuscan columns. The spaces between the columns are filled with small-pane glazing. The side façades at the garret level are covered with plaster and feature an irregular arrangement of window openings. The individual storeys are separated by a drip board. A brick annex connecting the manor house and the neighbouring building adjoins the northern façade of the mansion. The western façade follows a five-axial layout, with the first axis from the left (the entrance door) being offset towards the middle. The interior layout has been substantially modified throughout the years and retains almost nothing of its original form.

State property. Limited access.

compiled by Sara Szerszunowicz, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Toruń, 13-11-2014.

General information

  • Type: manor house
  • Chronology: 1. poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Nasiegniewo
  • Location: Voivodeship kujawsko-pomorskie, district włocławski, commune Fabianki
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area