Catholic Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Myślniew
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Catholic Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Myślniew

photo

The Filial Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a typical example of rural wooden ecclesiastical architecture of Greater Poland.

History

The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary was erected in 1746. It was renovated in the years 1974-1975.

Description

The village of Myślniew is located to the south-east of Ostrzeszów. The church is oriented towards the east. It has one nave (with no aisles). The building has a wooden log structure. The exterior walls are covered with weatherboards. The nave is adjoined by a small chancel, terminating in a semi-hexagon, on the east side and a tower, tapering towards the top, with a porch at the ground floor level, on the west side. The tower has a post-and-beam structure and is covered with a Baroque roof made of sheet metal, topped with a double lantern and a cross. The building is complemented by a quadrangular sacristy adjoining the chancel on the north side and a porch adjoining the nave, both covered with three-pitched roofs. The two-ridge roof, having wide eaves, is covered with eternit and sheet metal. It is surmounted by a steeple with a lantern topped by a spire and a cross. Inside, there is a false barrel vault, slightly flattened in the chancel. The church fittings include a Late Baroque main altar, side altars, and pulpit. The rood beam is adorned with a Crucifixion Group with the date of the construction of the church: “1746”. The music gallery, enclosed with a balustrade, is supported by two wooden posts. The graveyard is covered with trees.

The church can only be visited from the outside.

compiled by Tomasz Łuczak, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Poznan, 16-11-2015.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. 5, Woj. wielkopolskie, red. Ruszczyńska Teresa, Sławska Aniela, z. 17, Pow. ostrzeszowski, opr. Chrzanowski Tadeusz, Kornecki Marian, Samek jan, Warszawa 1958, s. 10.
  • Kościoły drewniane w Wielkopolsce, red. Mariusz Grzebalski, Poznań 2004, s. 163.
  • Wielkopolska. Słownik krajoznawczy, red. Łęcki Włodzimierz, Poznań 2002, s. 218.
  • http://kosciolydrewniane.pl - odsłona z listopada 2015 r.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1746 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Myślniew
  • Location: Voivodeship wielkopolskie, district ostrzeszowski, commune Kobyla Góra
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area