Palace, Morawa
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

A Neoclassicist palace surrounded by a park and garden.

History

  • 1865 - construction of the palace for Eduard von Kramst
Description

The palace and the surrounding park are located in the southern part of the village, alongside the road leading towards Międzyrzecze. The monument protection regime applicable to the park also covers an ensemble of manor farm buildings located on the northern side of the palace.

The palace was erected after 1865 for Eduard von Kramst, replacing the old manor house which had once stood on the site and which was occupied by the Benedictine nuns from Strzegom. The palace was erected on a rectangular floor plan, with a transverse eastern wing. The structure also incorporates a turret preceded by a porte-cochère with a terrace on top. The southern façade features a portico with two pairs of columns and a broad flight of steps leading towards the former gardens.

The palace is a three-storey structure covered by a low hip roof, its façade following a 12-axial design. The northern entrance is located in a shallow avant-corps topped with a triangular pediment. The façades are mostly smooth, with the exception of the ground floor level, where a decorative rustication is applied.

The palace is surrounded by a landscape park with a pond. Once inside the park, one may come across the ruins of a family chapel and a pavilion situated in the hippodrome, which was constructed using parts of the said chapel after 1945.

The palace currently serves as a kindergarten maintained by the St Hedwig Foundation. The building may be viewed from the outside. The park is accessible to visitors.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 06-02-2015.

Bibliography

  • Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: 2 poł. XIX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Morawa
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Strzegom - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area