Former Mennonite church complex, currently serving as the Roman Catholic church of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Queen of Poland - Zabytek.pl
woj. kujawsko-pomorskie, pow. świecki, gm. Nowe-obszar wiejski
The church was erected in the years 1896-1898 as a Mennonite place of worship, serving as a Catholic church from 1945 onwards.
The complex is located in the central part of the village, in an area situated right next to the Vistula river. The constituent parts of the complex are the church and the surrounding fragment of a perimeter wall. The church itself - a single-nave, four-bay structure designed on a rectangular floor plan and oriented towards the east, features a distinct, rectangular sacristy adjoining the eastern side of its main body. The building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style, its walls made of red brick, with a pronounced stone wall base. Inside, the walls are covered with plaster. The gable roof of the church is clad with ceramic roof tiles. The three-axial front façade follows a symmetrical design. An entrance portal with a wide, arched doorway is positioned on the middle façade; above the portal there is a small oculus and a triangular gable framed with an arcaded frieze. The portal is flanked by a pair of stepped corner buttresses. Near the top of the gable there is a clock and an inscribed date “1898”. A small steeple crowned with a slender spire can be seen jutting from the apex of the gable. Both the side façades and the rear façade are topped with an arcaded frieze. The side façades follow a four-axial layout and are partitioned with lesenes. The eastern façade is partially obscured by the two-bay sacristy and features a triangular gable. The windows are topped with arches and adorned with profiled bar tracery which divides each window into a pair of lancets and a single rosette at the top. The interior is a single, open space with a flat ceiling and an organ gallery featuring a profusion of woodcarved decorations. A fragment of the original, cast iron perimeter fence supported by four quadrangular brick posts can be seen west of the church. The posts are topped with gable rooflets and adorned with arcaded decorations. A double-leaf, cast iron gate with a geometric rosette in the middle of each leaf is positioned on the axis of the church.
The property of the parish. The monument can be viewed from the outside.
compiled by Kamila Witkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Toruń, 20-11-2014.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_04_ZE.41365