Hydroelectric power station, Lubachów
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

An early 20th-century power station which is still in use today.

History

A reservoir-type hydroelectric power station, powered by the waters of the Bystrzyckie lake, formed as a result of the construction of a dam on the Bystrzyca river in the years 1912-1917, with the power plant being erected at the same time as the dam.

Description

The power station is located about 1 kilometre from the dam, with the water being delivered by an underground penstock with a pipe diameter of 180 centimetres. The power plant building is a brick structure designed on a rectangular floor plan, its walls covered with plaster. The most distinctive part of the building is the switching station - a four-storey section of the plant towering above the rest of the structure. The individual sections of the building are covered with gable roofs clad with roof tiles. The machine room houses three original power generating units (total capacity 1.250 MW, flow rate 4,6 m³/s). The simple and restrained façades are in stark contrast with the lavishly appointed interiors, where apart from the machinery, measuring units and switchgear, one can also marvel at the period interior décor: the tiled floors, the ceramic wall tiles, the balcony and the matching light fixtures.

The building can be viewed from the outside - property of the Tauron Ekoenergia sp. z o.o. power generation company. The machine room is not available to visitors.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 25-10-2014.

General information

  • Type: industrial architecture
  • Chronology: początek XX w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Lubachów
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Świdnica
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area