Poznaj lokalne zabytki

Wyraź zgodę na lokalizację i oglądaj zabytki w najbliższej okolicy

Zmień ustawienia przeglądarki aby zezwolić na pobranie lokalizacji
This website is using cookies. Learn more.

Filial Church of St Michael the Archangel - Zabytek.pl


woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Świdnica-gmina wiejska

Gothic patronage church situated in the immediate vicinity of a family estate.


The church in Krzyżowa was mentioned in written records as early as in 1335. The present building — built in the late 15th century and early 16th century — was reconstructed in the years 1846-1848 following a fire. Full-scale renovations were carried out at the beginning of the 21st century.


The church is situated on the south side of the main road running through Krzyżowa. To the south, there is a manor farm. The church is enclosed with a stone wall with a gate on the west side. It has one nave, covered with a flat ceiling. In the eastern part of the structure, there is a rectangular chancel covered with a cross-rib vault, with a rosette in a keystone. The chancel is adjoined by a sacristy with a pointed-arched barrel vault on the north side and a porch built after a fire in the mid-19th century on the west side. The church still has the original Gothic stone portals: one leading to the sacristy, one leading to the nave, and one — walled-up — in the south chancel wall. In the east wall of the chancel, there is a walled-up Gothic window with a tracery. On the southern facade, at the height of the gallery, there are two stone cantilevers and a walled-up entrance opening, which are the only remains of an external staircase. The church is covered by gable roofs with ceramic roof tiles. Over the nave, there is a wooden steeple on a square plan, with a tented roof, constructed after a fire in the mid-19th century. The chancel is separated from the nave by means of a pointed chancel arch. Inside the church, there is a late Medieval Madonna with Child; in the east wall of the chancel, there is a stone tabernacle crowned with a wimperg from the 16th century. The church bell — the Peace and Reconciliation Bell — was founded by the citizens of the German town of Inden in 1994.

The historic building is accessible. It is possible to look at the interior through a grate separating the porch from the nave. The structure is freely accessible on the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wroclaw


  • Brzezicki S., Nielsen Ch., Grajewski G., Popp D. (red.), Zabytki sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warszawa 2006, s. 462.

Category: church

Building material:  kamienne

Protection: Register of monuments

Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.90674