Evangelical cemetery of the von Moltke family - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Świdnica-gmina wiejska
The chapel was built in ca. 1870 and the cemetery was established in ca. 1900.
The cemetery, located on the so-called Wzgórze Kapliczne (Chapel Hill), approx. 600 m away to the west from the estate, is situated on the east slope of the hill, on an oval terrace recessed into the hillside. In the cemetery, there are six graves of members of the von Moltke family and a stone commemorating Helmut James von Moltke (1907-1945), Freya von Moltke (1911-2010), and Carl Bernard von Moltke (1913-1941). A little higher, there is a Neo-Romanesque burial chapel of Helmut von Moltke (1848-1916). Over the chapel entrance, there is a coat of arms in a cartouche. The interior walls are covered with paintings. At the foot of the Chapel Hill, there is a former cemetery, currently not used and neglected. Its avenues are still identifiable. There used to be a small lapidarium in its western part. The site is surrounded by a young forest.
The historic monument is accessible. Unrestricted access to the cemetery. The way onto the hill is indicated by signposts.
compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wroclaw, 26-09-2014
- Karta ewidencyjna cmentarza, oprac. K. Myśliński, 1992 r. [mps w archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków - Delegatura w Wałbrzychu].
Category: Evangelical cemetery
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_CM.9495, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_02_CM.25697