Manor house, Komorno
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

Built in the 18th century, the Baroque-classicistic manor house in Komorno features façade decorations of geometrical floral motifs.

History

In the 17th century, the owner of the estate including Komorno was von Mannstein. The original late Baroque residence burnt in the 18th century and was replaced by the current mansion in 1760. The building was destroyed during warfare in 1945, and during the post-war restoration works (1947), its stylistic features were largely effaced.

From 1858 the owner of the manor house was Edward Tillger, and then Countess Sophie Stiellfried Rattonitz zu Breslau (1886-1912) and Maria Eleonora von Anlock (ca. 1917). Ludwig Deloch auf Dobersdorf is recorded as the owner in 1930 and 1937.

In the 1960s, the edifice was adopted for educational purposes and housed a dormitory. Today, the owner of the complex is Kędzierzyn-Koźle District.

Description

The site is located in the north part of the town, west of the main road from Reńska Wieś to Krapkowice. It is surrounded by a small park; the farm buildings are to the south.

It was built on a rectangular plan with the longer side on the east-west axis and with avant-corpses also placed on the axis: the less protruding one in the garden façade (north) and the more protruding one in the front façade (south). The avant-corpses are preceded by terraces and steps: single-flight from the south and double from the north.

The building is a three-storey structure, made of brick and plastered. It was erected on a high basecourse housing the cellars. The last floor is taken up by an attic. The manor house is covered with a mansard roof with dormers.

The front façade is of a 9-axis design with a regular spacing of windows (3+3+3). The dominant feature is a two-storey, 3-axis entrance avant-corps topped with a triangular pediment whose central field is occupied by an oculus with a dial. The window openings are rectangular with decorative bands on the avant-corps. The north façade mirrors the south one, except for the avant-corps: the triangular pediment is replaced by three dormers.

The interior of the manor house have been transformed.

The building can be viewed from outside.

Compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 10-08-2015.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. VII: Województwo opolskie, z. 5: Powiat kozielski, red. T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warszawa 1965, s. 20.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury - Dwór, Komorno, oprac. D. Stoces, 2003 r., Arch. WUOZ w Opolu
  • http://www.renskawies.pl/static.php?show=18 (10.08.2015 r.)

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: 1760
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Komorno
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district kędzierzyńsko-kozielski, commune Reńska Wieś
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area