Mill administration building, currently a residential building, Kluczbork
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Mill administration building, currently a residential building

Kluczbork

photo

The mill administration building presented here is an example of industrial architecture created in the early 20th century. It resembles a small palace with eclectic décor. The building formed part of an industrial complex.

History

The creation of the administration building is closely associated with the history of the town mill in Kluczbork. The mill company, created in 1587, from 1906 was owned by Victor Schonfeld. Next to the profitable mill whose daily capacity was 75,000 kg, Schonfeld ordered, in 1907, the construction of an administration building. After World War 2, the mill was dismantled. In its place, in 1948, the Polskie Młyny S.A. group built a new mill and elevators. The administration building has been ultimately transformed into a residential building.

Description

The mill administration building constituted a part of the mill complex located by Młyńska Street in Kluczbork, near the railway station.

The free-standing, three-storey building was erected on a rectangular floor plan and covered with a hip roof.

It is made of brick and plastered and its façades feature eclectic architectural detail. The upper storeys are separated from the ground storey with a string course, and beneath the windows, there is a frieze strip with foliate motifs. Window openings (rectangular, topped with a flattened arch) are framed by surrounds with a keystone. Entrances to the building are located on its shorter sides; the main entrance in the eastern wall, and the side entrance in the western façade. The front (eastern) façade is three-axial, with a magnificent portico in the middle, resting on four columns with Tuscan capitals. Over the portico, there is an avant-corps partitioned with pilasters with windows with numerous partitions, decorated with balusters underneath. The northern façade is seven-axial. Its middle, three-axial part slightly projects ahead and is topped with a curved gable with modest Baroque décor. The axial layout of the façade is additionally accentuated with a balcony with baluster balustrade, resting on pronounced volute-shaped supports.

Limited access to the monument.

compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 08-12-2015.

Bibliography

  • http://dolny-slask.org.pl/626960,foto.html?idEntity=507454

General information

  • Type: public building
  • Chronology: 1907 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Młyńska 8, Kluczbork
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district kluczborski, commune Kluczbork - miasto
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area