Poznaj lokalne zabytki

Wyraź zgodę na lokalizację i oglądaj zabytki w najbliższej okolicy

Zmień ustawienia przeglądarki aby zezwolić na pobranie lokalizacji
This website is using cookies. Learn more.

Manor house - Zabytek.pl

Manor house

palace Jakubowice

Jakubowice, 36

woj. opolskie, pow. namysłowski, gm. Wilków

The neoclassical palace with a surrounding park and farm buildings is a valuable example of 19th century architecture of the region.

Currently the palace has been adapted to a new public function. Its adaptation was carried out with respect for the historic substance.


The first information about the existence of an estate in Jakubowice dates back to 1688, when the medieval or Renaissance manor house, situated on a small hill surrounded by a moat, which was filled up only in 1926, was burnt down. In the first half of the 19th century a granary was built in place of this building. Based on sources dating to 1786, it can be assumed that the property was in the hands of Otto Bendeman. The next owners of the estate were the Von Salisch family. In 1796 Zimmermann mentioned the von Sigroth family as the owners of the estate. They were also the owners of an estate in the nearby Idzikowice. He also mentions that there was a palace in Jakubowice at that time. Johann Gottlieb Köhler, buried in the park in Jakubowice, was the owner of the estate until 1815. In 1845, the estate was owned by Count Jerzy von Pückler. The manor house in its present location and form was built in 1882 by new owners - the Scholtz family. The object was part of a larger farm. It was a small brick building. Built on a regular rectangular plan. 2-lane with a centrally located entrance hall on the main axis. The entrances were flanked with representative rooms with a kitchen in the basement ground floor. There were bedrooms and guest rooms on the first floor. It is a two-storey building. Cellared, covered with a hipped ceramic roof. After World War II it was inhabited by workers of the nearby State Agricultural Holding. In recent years, the decaying palace and the adjacent buildings of the former Jakobsdorf estate have been renovated for the purpose of creating a hotel. When adapting the palace for contemporary use, consideration was given to preserving the historic substance in its authentic form and the existing context of manor and farm buildings. The original articulation of the walls, architectural details, window woodwork, and decorative elements of guttering in the form of spouts have been restored. The authenticity and historic character was emphasized through conservation preservation, which included the original wooden staircase, interior door woodwork and exterior folding shutters. Traditional techniques were used to recreate elements of the stucco decoration.


The neoclassical palace is part of the manor and farm complex. The mansion is located in the north-eastern part of the park and faces west. The palace is the dominant feature of the park and palace complex. It was built on the plan of an elongated rectangle with slightly marked avant-corps in the central axis of the main entrance. A two-bay building with a centrally located hallway, once surrounded by representative rooms, now with restaurant rooms. Currently it consists of three floors and a basement, which serves as a restaurant. Erected from brick, plastered, rusticated plaster in the parts of pedestals and finials. The front elevation at the basement level is 4-axis. The two upper storeys are 7-axis. It is crowned with a three-tier gable placed on an avant-corps. The front entrance is preceded by a rectangular terrace, surrounded by a glass balustrade. The windows of the first floor are higher and have more decorative frames than the windows on the second floor. At present, the 6-axis elevation on the east side is adjoined by a terrace preceded by a wide staircase. On the central axis of the avant-corps, the window openings were enlarged and the window woodwork was replaced with doors. The three-tier rusticated avant-corps gable has a round opening in the middle. The side elevation on the northern side is 3-axial and on the southern side 5-axial. Both of them have medallions with representations of women. The articulation of the walls is enriched with rosettes, palmettes, volutes and bays covered with pilasters supported on pedestals. There is entablature on the pilaster capitals. The acroterions crowning the windows are made of terracotta. The building is covered with a hipped roof made of ceramic tiles. Glazed with sloping windows and semi-circular, ox-eye windows.

Accessibility: Ground floor available for restaurant guests. Upper floors available for hotel guests.

Author of the note: compiled by Magdalena Urbaniak – Leśniak, Regional Branch of the National Institute of Cultural Heritage in Opole, 20.04.2018


  • https://www.jakubus.pl/ (17.05.2023)
  • http://www.wilkow.pl/12/jakubowice.html (17.05.2023)
  • Katalog Zabytków Sztuki w Polsce, vol. VII woj. opolskie, z.7, p. 16.
  • Record sheet of monuments of architecture and construction Dwór w zespole dworsko-folwarcznym, compiled by K. Szafrańska, resources of the Archive of the Voivodeship Heritage Protection Office in Opole.

Category: palace

Architecture: Neoclassicism

Building material:  brick

Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records

Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_16_BK.19725, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_16_BK.16945