Evangelical church - Zabytek.pl
Gorzów Wielkopolski, Woskowa 1B
woj. lubuskie, pow. m. Gorzów Wielkopolski, gm. Gorzów Wielkopolski-gmina miejska
The church was built in the years 1928-1930 on the basis of a design by Kurt Steinberg. The architect also planned the types of formats and mouldings for ceramic brick used to build the church. The construction started already in 1908. The church was intended for the citizens of Zamoście, the industrial district of the town.
It is situated on the left bank of the Warta river, in the Zamoście district, on the western side of Grobla Street. Around it, there is a park, and the closest area is fenced with a metal fence. The chancel faces west. The church is made of clinker brick. It was erected on a floor plan shaped as a rotunda, with a square tower from the east. The cylindrical body is topped with a low lantern and a conical roof. The two-sectional tower features an openwork part in its top section. It is topped with a cross. The façades are articulated with lesenes and long rectangular windows. They are topped with a flat band of cornice. The interior is covered with a cupola ceiling. The rotunda plan resembles a Greek cross in shape due to four annexes containing staircases, arranged symmetrically around the church. The chancel section is slightly elevated. The fittings, which include pews, candlesticks, and a pipe organ casing, come from the period of construction of the church. In the tower, there are three bells from 1930.
The site is open to the public. It can be visited by prior telephone arrangement.
compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 27-11-2014.
- Karta ewidencyjna, Kościół protestancki ob. rzym. kat. par. pw. Chrystusa Króla, oprac. Śleziak D., 1996 r, Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków Oddział Delegatury w Gorzowie Wielkopolskim.
- Skaziński B., Gorzów Wielkopolski, [w:] Zabytki północnej części województwa lubuskiego, red. Lewczuk J., Skaziński B., Gorzów Wlkp. - Zielona Góra 2004, s. 21.
- Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom III, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 37.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BK.55568