Granary, Gola Grodkowska
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The classicist granary in Gola Grodkowska is a component of the grange complex of the turn of the 18th century which, together with the administrator’s house, dominated the site functionally.

History

The estate in Gola Grodkowska was initially a knights’ home probably owned by the bishopric in Nysa, and as late as in the 19th century it was still subject to the jurisdiction of the duke. In the 18th century, the owner of the estate was Baron von Fragstein who sold it to Baron von Francken-Sierstorpff in 1769. The granary was built around 1800, and the other grange buildings were added successively until the turn of the 19th century. After WW2, the complex housed a state-owned farm and an agricultural plant in the 1970s. In that time, most buildings of the complex were converted or upgraded, thus leading to the permanent loss of their original form.

Description

The grange complex is located in the central part of the village. It has a square plan, with one of the sides along the main street of the village. The granary building is part of the south-west frontage of the complex, adjoining the stable (to the north) and two barns (to the east). The granary has a rectangular plan. The building is a two-storey structure with a two-storey attic. It is made of brick with smoothly plastered façade with framework ornamentation. It has a steep gable roof with dormers in the front façade.

The entrance is the dominant characteristics of the 5-axis front façade, It is highlighted by a recessed, two-storey portico with columns and an arcade. The individual axes are determined by the rows of window openings in the shape of a lying rectangle placed in rectangular niches. The gable façades are biaxial with a prominent cornice underlining the line of the attic. In the lower levels, the decoration is similar as in the front façade; above, it assumes the form of an arcade made in the plaster combining the window axes. The two-storey interior is divided with wooden columns into three tracks, of which the middle is wider than the side ones. Each floor has a ceiling. The original granary fittings have not survived.

The monument is available to visitors.

Compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 05-10-2015.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. VII: Województwo opolskie, z. 3: Powiat grodkowski, red. T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warszawa 1964, s. 11-12.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury - Zespół folwarczny w Goli Grodkowskiej, oprac. E. Sawińska, 1997, Arch. WUOZ w Opolu.
  • Karta ewidencyjna zabytku architektury - Spichlerz w Goli Grodkowskiej, oprac. E. Sawińska, 1997, Arch. WUOZ w Opolu.

General information

  • Type: utility building
  • Chronology: 1800
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Gola Grodkowska 10
  • Location: Voivodeship opolskie, district brzeski, commune Grodków - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area