Manor house - Zabytek.pl
woj. wielkopolskie, pow. ostrzeszowski, gm. Grabów nad Prosną - obszar wiejski
The building requires immediate renovation and conservation.
The manor house is Giżyce was probably built in c. 1760 (definitely before 1775) for the contemporary owner of the village, Adam Orwat Czernik. Probably in the 1st half of the 19th century, a one-storeyed annex was built onto the manor house. It contained a kitchen with a tableware storeroom and a spacious dining room communicating with a small drawing room located in the main body of the manor house. Some sections of the building were dismantled as part of modification works carried out in the early 20th century. The residence was renovated in 1950. Before 1880, Giżyce belonged to the Sadowski family; in 1912, the owner of the village was Eleonora Sadowska, and in 1930 — Kazimierz Sadowski.
Giżyce is located 5 km to the north-east of Grabowo. The manor house complex is situated on a small hill, to the south-east of the village church. The building has a log structure, with the so-called “caudal fin” joints at the corners (the log ends have the shape of a trapezoid) and with the log ends not extending beyond the wall planes. The walls, made of larch wood, rest on a cobblestone and bog iron socle bound with lime mortar. The building has a rectangular floor plan; its front façade faces the north. It has one storey and no cellars and is covered with a mansard roof. At the south-east corner, it is adjoined by a one-storeyed outbuilding covered with a half-hip roof. The exterior walls are covered with weatherboards and the interior walls are covered with lime mortar on reed or cane mats. The manor house is surrounded by a small park whose original layout is now unidentifiable due to a large number of self-sown plants growing in it.
The building may not be visited from the outside.
compiled by Tomasz Łuczak, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Poznan, 16-11-2015.
- Wielkopolska. Słownik krajoznawczy, red. Łęcki Włodzimierz, Poznań 2002, s. 77.
- Giżyce - dwór, Karta ewidencji zabytków architektury i budownictwa, opr. Stanisław Małyszko, 1993, ze zbiorów WUOZ w Poznaniu - Delegatura w Kaliszu
Category: manor house
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_30_BK.161937, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_30_BK.44130