Palace - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. lubiński, gm. Ścinawa - obszar wiejski
In 1242 Dziewin (until 1945 - Dieban) belonged to the ducal estate. In 1287 the estate was purchased from Duke Henry III by Otto von Zedlitz. In 1479 the estate was owned by Christoph von Talkenstein - the original medieval seat may have been destroyed then.
The Renaissance palace was built as a two-winged building in 1558-1561 by the Lassel brothers, Sigmund and Wolf von Kanitz (the Friedrich brothers and Sigmund von Kanitz acquired the estate in 1508 in exchange from Albrecht I and Charles II Podiebrad). The mansion was expanded in 1566 with the addition of an east wing. In 1580, the second segment of the east wing was built and the courtyard was closed with a curtain wall. In 1700, the residence was expanded again by Hans Friedrich von Mutschelnitz. At that time, the garden was also established. After his death the estate was taken over by the von Schweinitz und Krain family, who owned it until World War II. In 1798 Dziewin became the seat of a trust. The palace was thoroughly renovated in 1860-1889 - then the façades of the manor were given a uniform appearance. After 1945, the palace, slowly began to dilapidate.
The palace-park complex in Dziewin is located in the northern part of the village, on the western side of the village road. It is located on the western side of the village road. The palace is located in the centre of the complex, there is a grange to the north and a park to the south. The palace is adjoined from the south by the gardens and a park surrounded by a wall.
The palace is a two-storey, three-winged building with a horseshoe-shaped ground plan open to the north. The palace is covered with gable, high roofs with Renaissance gables decorated with pinnacles and volutes. The façades of the palace are decorated with rustication and crowned with a cornice on consoles. Architectural details made of sandstone: framing of windows closed with baskets and portals. The main portal is located in the axis of the east wing - Renaissance, with date of the palace construction “1558” and coats of arms of Kanitz, Niebelschütz, Glaubitz and Kreckwitz families. In the portal of the baroque wing an inscription with the date “1700” and the coats of arms of Schweinitz and Müschelnitz families. In this wing, another Renaissance portal with the date “1566” and the coat of arms of the von Kanitz brothers.
Currently the building is ruined: the peripheral walls are preserved up to the height of the string course; there is no roof, rafter framing or ceilings; architectural details are preserved in rudimentary form.
Historical monument ruined, no access.
Complied by Bogna Oszczanowska, Regional Branch of the National Institute of Cultural Heritage in Wrocław, 22 September 2015.
- Zabytki sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk (Art Monuments in Poland. Silesia), Warsaw 2006, p. 252.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.82105, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_02_BK.81164