Evangelical church, currently Roman Catholic parish church of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ, Drezdenko
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Evangelical church, currently Roman Catholic parish church of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ

Drezdenko

photo

The church of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ in Drezdenko constitutes an interesting example of historicising sacred architecture from the early 20th century with a subtle form.

History

It was erected in 1914 based on a design by Hugo Przejawa, a construction inspector from Strzelce Krajeńskie. Originally Evangelical, since 1945 it has been used by Catholics. In 1985, the original roof cladding of ceramic tiles was replaced with zinc-plated sheet metal. In the years 2001-2002, a full-scale renovation of the building was carried out.

Description

The church of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ is located in Nowe Drezdenko - a Drezdenko district on the right bank of the Noteć river. It is front-gabled and circumscribed with a brick fencing with forged elements. Along the fence, except for the side of Niepodległości Street, there are old specimens of deciduous trees. It is oriented. It was built in the neo-Classicist style. The church is made of brick, aisleless, built on a rectangular floor plan, with a rectangular chancel and a tower at the north-western corner. From the south, the chancel is adjoined by a single-storey building - originally a catechetical room. Currently, it is the parish office. The main body is covered with a gable roof, and the quadrangular tower - with a pyramid tented roof. Roofs were covered with zinc-plated sheet metal at a later time. The façades are plastered and articulated with lesenes and flat cornices. The longitudinal walls are pierced with regularly arranged large segment-headed windows, framed in flat surrounds. The interior is neo-Baroque in style and covered with a wooden barrel vault. On the western and the northern side, there are galleries. Décor of the church includes Baroque fittings from the former church - main altarpiece and baptismal font.

The site is open to the public. It can be visited by prior telephone arrangement.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 09-04-2015.

Bibliography

  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom III, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 306-307.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1914 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Niepodległości 41, Drezdenko
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district strzelecko-drezdenecki, commune Drezdenko - miasto
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area