Filial church of Our Lady of the Rosary, Drezdenko
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Filial church of Our Lady of the Rosary

Drezdenko

photo

The church of Our Lady of the Rosary in Drezdenko is an interesting example of neo-Gothic sacred architecture with sumptuous décor and fittings.

History

It was built in 1898, among new town buildings. It was the first Catholic church in the town after the Reformation. Initially a parish church, after World War II - a filial church.

Description

The church of Our Lady of the Rosary is located in the eastern part of the town, in the area of so-called New Town. It is front-gabled and separated from the street with a brick fencing with forged elements. Next to it, there is a church cemetery. It is oriented. It was built in the neo-Gothic style. It is made of brick, aisleless, erected on a rectangular floor plan, with a rectangular chancel framed on the sides by pastoforia and a tower from the west, flanked with two annexes. The body of the church is diversified in height. The main body is covered with a gable roof; the high, quadrangular tower - with a pyramid tented roof; annexes by the tower - with shed roofs; the chancel - with a three-sloped roof; and annexes by the chancel - with gable roofs. The roofs are clad with zinc-plated sheets. The brick façades are adorned with architectural detail in the form of cornices, friezes, blind windows. The longitudinal walls are pierced with regularly arranged large pointed-arch windows. The interior is covered with an open roof truss with painted elements. Over the chancel, there is a cross-rib vaulting covered with painted decorations. The fittings, which include, among other things, the main altar and side altars, pulpit, pipe organ casing, are neo-Gothic in style.

The site is open to the public. It can be visited by prior telephone arrangement.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 08-04-2015.

Bibliography

  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom III, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 306.
  • Witka M., Drezdenko, [w:] Zabytki północnej części województwa lubuskiego, red. Lewczuk J., Skaziński B., Gorzów Wlkp. - Zielona Góra 2004, s. 161-162.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1898 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: S. Żeromskiego 15, Drezdenko
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district strzelecko-drezdenecki, commune Drezdenko - miasto
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area