Palace, Dobromierz
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

History

History

The palace was erected in 1727 for Christoph Ferdinand von Nimptsch; it is believed that parts of the earlier, 17th-century manor house which had stood on the site might have been incorporated into the new structure. Following the acquisition of the manor by the von Seherr-Thos family in 1789, the palace was redesigned during the second half of the 19th century as well as in the early 20th century. It is from this period (years 1870-1880, to be precise) that the pair of rectangular annexes adjoining the side façades originates.

Description

The Baroque palace was designed on a rectangular floor plan; it is a three-storey structure covered with a mansard roof clad with roof tiles. The interior follows a three-bay layout, featuring a vestibule stretching across the entire width of the building and covered with a barrel vault with lunettes; the staircase is positioned right next to the vestibule. Double-barrel vaults are used for all the rooms on the ground floor. Both the flat and vaulted ceilings on the first floor are adorned with plasterwork decorations. The chapel, located in the western part of the palace, is preceded by a Baroque portal adorned with images of angels in the top section as well as with heraldic cartouches flanking the “IHS” monogram accompanied by a cross and three nails - the symbol of the Jesuit order, whose members served as the chaplains of the von Nimptsch noble family. Baroque wall paintings and Classicist plasterwork decorations grace both the chapel and the ballroom. The façades of the palace follow a four- or five-axial layout and are all accentuated by lesenes. The central section of the front façade features a portico with a pair of columns supporting the balcony above.

Next to the palace lies the Baroque grange and park with relics of a parterre composition based on lime tree plantings; other notable features of the park are the water cascade and the headstone commemorating the young Johann Carl Martin Ferdinand von Seherr-Thoss (1791-1792).

The palace may be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 07-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, vol. 19, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 2004
  • Zabytki Sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006
  • Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warsaw 2005
  • Weber R., Schlesische Schlösser, Breslau-Dresden 1909, vol. 3, pp. 9-10, table 25.

General information

  • Type: palace
  • Chronology: 1 poł. XVIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Dobromierz
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district świdnicki, commune Dobromierz
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area