Palace - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Świdnica-gmina wiejska
- second half of the 16th century - construction of the palace
- After 1870 - extension and alteration works
- 1900 - construction of the verandah
The village of Bystrzyca Górna is located about 3 kilometres to the south-west of Świdnica. The palace and park complex is situated at the southern end of the village.
The palace was erected in the 1st half of the 16th century and was subsequently redesigned to a significant extent in 1870, with the outbuilding being erected during the same period.
The two-storey palace was built on a “L” shaped floor plan. The middle section of the front façade follows a five-axial design and is preceded by a colonnaded portico with a balcony. This section of the palace is crowned with a mansard roof with wall-dormers and œil-de-bœuf windows. The transverse wing of the palace is covered by a flat roof concealed behind a balustrade. The southern façade is adjoined by a verandah. The corners of the palace as well as the ground floor section are accentuated with decorative rustication. The palace still features the original wooden window shutters.
Visitors to the surrounding park may admire the old cemetery and the church of St Joseph the Betrothed. The inscription into the register of monuments also covers the mid-19th century manor farm building consisting of three distinct wings and incorporating a stable with gateway leading across the entire width of the structure, covered by a double-pitched roof with eyebrow windows.
An old avenue lined with poplar trees, about 150 metres in length, leads along the main village road separating the palace and the manor farm.
The building is private property and can only be viewed from the outside.
compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 17-08-2015.
- Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, vol. 20, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 2005
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.82976