Parish church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria, Brzyskorzystew
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Parish church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria

Brzyskorzystew

photo

An example of typical framework sacral architecture of the region.

History

The church was built in the years 1826-1828.

Description

The church is located on the hill in the western part of the village Brzyskorzystew. Oriented, single-nave, with presbytery closed from three sides. There is a brick and stone sacristy from the 1930s adjacent to the presbytery from the South. Wooden framework structure with a brick filling, plastered. Western facade, tower and the top of the eastern nave are exceptions - they are concealed by wooden boards. The walls are crowned with profiled top plate. From the West, over the top of the nave there is a low square tower added, covered with a bulbous dome with a lantern, topped with iron cross embedded in an orb. The interior of the temple is covered with a flat ceiling.

Limited access to the historic building. Property of the parish - the structure can be viewed from the outside.

Compiled by Kamila Witkowska, National Heritage Board of Poland Regional Branch in Toruń, 11.08.2014.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1826-1828 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Brzyskorzystew
  • Location: Voivodeship kujawsko-pomorskie, district żniński, commune Żnin - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area