St Anna parish church, Broniszów
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

St Anna parish church

Broniszów

photo

The church is a valuable example of Baroque sacred architecture with elements whose origins go back to the Middle Ages.

History

The church, founded by the von Kottwitz family, was built on the foundations of a wooden Gothic church, first mentioned in 1376. It was destroyed by fire in 1674 and rebuilt in the Baroque style between 1691 and 1695. Around 1760, the then owner of the village, Katarzyna von Skronsky, funded the Rococo interior fittings. In 1970 and 1984, the church tower underwent renovation. In the late 20th century the interior and facades underwent major restoration.

Description

The church is situated in the southern part of the village, on the west side of the road from Kożuchów to Nowogród Bobrzański. It is surrounded by a stone wall with a gate and bell tower, dating probably from the 15th century, to which alterations were made in 1605. The structure is devoid of predominant features of the style. The building was made of brick and stone, is oriented and aisleless. It was built on a rectangular floor plan, with a sacristy to the north, porch to the south and a tower to the west. The body is covered with a three-sided roof, whereas annexes are topped with shed roofs. The tower built on a square floor plan turns into an octagon in the upper part, terminating in a bulbous dome with a lantern. The nave features a cross-barrel vault, while the chapel, gallery and porch of the tower a groin vault, and the sacristy is covered with a barrel vault. Smooth and non-partitioned facades of the body are pierced by rectangular windows of different size. The walls of the tower feature biforium windows and round blind windows. The Rococo interior fixtures and fittings of great artistic class include three altars, ambo, baptismal font, organ, gallery balustrade, paintings of the Stations of the Cross, other paintings and sculptures. The original fixtures and fittings which have been preserved are a stone baptismal font and altar predella.

Limited access to the monument. Viewing of the church interior is only possible by prior telephone arrangement.

Compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 08-09-2014 r.

Bibliography

  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 2, Zielona Góra 2012, s. 277-278.
  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 37-38.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1691 - 1695
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Broniszów 9
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district nowosolski, commune Kożuchów - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area